Dr.Shubhadeep GhoshTel: 0891-2704701; Cell:
- Pelagic fisheries
- Cage culture
- Climate change impact on marine fisheries
I completed my Master of Fishery Science (M F Sc) in Fishery Pathology and Microbiology in 2002 and my Ph. D. on the role of probiotics in enhancing growth and survival in live-bearing ornamental fishes in 2007. I was inducted in Agriculture Research Service (ARS) in 2005 and have since been working in Pelagic Fisheries Division of CMFRI. I am currently acting as Scientist-in-charge of Visakhapatnam Regional Centre of CMFRI. I have studied in detail the biology, population parameters and stock structure of most commercially important pelagic resources from the west and east coast of India. I was actively involved in pop-up satellite tagging of yellowfin tunas from the Indian seas. I have contributed to the expansion of cage mariculture in the country. Recently, under my guidance, Visakhapatnam RC has bred and produced seed of Indian pompano (Trachinotus mookalee) for the first time in the world.
- Ph. D. 2007 University of Kalyani
- M. F. Sc. 2002 West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences
- B. F. Sc. 2000 West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences
|1||Development of Fisheries Management Plans (FMPs) for sustaining marine fisheries of Andhra Pradesh||CMFRI|
|2||Trawl fishery of the North east coast of India: An appraisal||CMFRI|
|3||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management||CMFRI|
|4||Development of strategies to sustain the stock and fishery of large pelagics in Indian waters||CMFRI|
|5||NICRA: Harnessing the Beneficial Effects of Climate Change on Marine Fisheries||PMO|
|6||Satellite Telemetry studies on migration patterns of tunas in the Indian seas (SATTUNA)||INCOIS|
|7||Stock Characterization, Captive Breeding, Seed Production and Culture of Hilsa (Tenualosa ilisha):||NFBSFARA|
|8||Installation of artificial reef at a selected site off Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh||NTPC, Simhadri|
- Member of “IOTC Working Party on Neretic Tuna”
- Nodal Officer for “National Plan of Action on Hilsa”
- Executive Committee Member of Marine Biological Association of India
1. Jawahar Abraham, T and Ghosh, Shubhadeep and Nagesh, C N and Sasmal, Debasis (2008) Distribution of bacteria involved in nitrogen and sulphur cycles in shrimp culture systems of West Bengal, India. Aquaculture, 239. pp. 275-288.
2. Ghosh, Shubhadeep and Sinha, Archana and Sahu, Chittaranjan (2007) Dietary probiotic supplementation in growth and health of live-bearing ornamental fishes. Aquaculture Nutrition, 13. pp. 1-11.
3. Ghosh, Shubhadeep and Sinha, Archana and Sahu, Chittaranjan (2007) Effect of probiotic on reproductive performance in female livebearing ornamental fish. Aquaculture Research, 38 (5). pp. 518-526.
4. Ghosh, Shubhadeep and Sinha, Archana and Sahu, Chittaranjan (2007) Isolation of Putative Probionts from the Intestines of Indian Major Carps. Israeli Journal of Aquaculture-Bamidgeh, 59 (3). pp. 127-132.
5. Mohanraj, G and Nair, K V Somasekharan and Asokan, P K and Ghosh, Shubhadeep (2009) Status of marine fisheries in Gujarat with strategies for sustainable and responsible fisheries. Asian Fisheries Science, 22 (1). pp. 285-296.