Dr.N.K. SanilTel: +91 484 2394867 ; Cell:
- Pathology and Parasitology of finfish and bivalves
After taking masters in Zoology with specialization in Parasitology from University of Calicut, joined ARS as scientist in the discipline of Veterinary Parasitology at Central Institute for Research on Goats (CIRG), Makhdoom, Mathura. Subsequently in 1994, joined CMFRI, Cochin and has about 20 years of research experience in Parasitology & Pathology and 8 years in teaching fish parasitology & pathology at post graduate level. Presently working in the area of pathogen profiling, diagnostics, and health management in finfish and shellfish including bivalves. Other areas of interest include Electron Microscopy and have been working as the Scientist-in-charge of the Electron Microscopy laboratory at CMFRI.
- MSc 1985 Zoology with specialization in Parasitology, University of Calicut
- BSc 1983 Zoology, University of Calicut
|1||Health management in selected finfish and shellfish for mariculture and aquariculture and bioprospecting from marine resources||CMFRI|
|2||National Surveillance Programme for Aquatic Animal Diseases (NSPAAD)||NFDB|
- 1991 CSIR Senior Research Fellowship
1. N.K. Sanil, P.A. Vikas, T.B. Ratheesh, K.C. George and K.K. Vijayan (2009). Mortalities caused by the Crustacean Isopod, Cirolana fluviatilis in tropical, Cage Cultured Asian Seabass, Lates calcarifer: a case study from the Southwest Coast of India. Aquaculture Research 40, 1626 – 1633.
2. N.K. Sanil, K.K. Vijayan , V. Kripa , K.S Mohamed (2010). Occurrence of the protozoan parasite, Perkinsus olseni in the wild and farmed Pearl Oyster, Pinctada fucata (Gould) from the Southeast coast of India. Aquaculture 299, 8–14.
3. N.K. Sanil, P.K. Asokan , Lijo John , K.K. Vijayan (2011). Pathological manifestations of the acanthocephalan parasite, Tenuiproboscis sp. in the mangrove red snapper (Lutjanus argentimaculatus) (Forsskål, 1775), a candidate species for aquaculture from Southern India. Aquaculture, 310 . pp. 259-266.
4. Sanil, N K and Suja, G and Lijo, J and Vijayan, K K (2012). First report of Perkinsus beihaiensis in Crassostrea madrasensis from the Indian subcontinent. Diseases of Aquatic Organisms, 98. pp. 209-220.
5. G. Suja, N. K. Sanil, S. Chinnadurai, and K. K. Vijayan (2014) Reproductive dysfunction in the edible oyster, Crassostrea madrasensis due to larval bucephalid infection – a case study. J. Mar. Biol. Ass. India, 55 (2), 5-10.
- ResearchGate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/N_K_Sanil/publications