Dr.C.P.SujaTel: +91 461 2320274; Cell:
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marine invertebrate tissue culture
- Marine Microalgae
After obtaining masters in botany in 1982, I joined in CPCRI in 1984. I am working in CMFRI since 1996 on molluscan fisheries and mariculture. I took Ph.D in aquaculture biotechnology in 2004. I am currently working as senior scientist in the division of marine biotechnology in CMFRI. I have worked on pearl oyster hatchery and contributed to the in-vitro pearl formation for the first time in the world. I have interests in marine invertebrate tissue culture and marine microalgal culture.
- PhD 2004 Manonmanium sundaranar University, Tirunelveli
- MSc 1982 Botany Department Calicut University
- BSc 1980 Botany, Calicut University
|1||Development of tissue culture technology for in-vitro production of pearls from the black lip pearl oyster Pinctada margaritifera and refinement of in-vitro pearl formation in Pinctada fucata||CMFRI|
|2||Genetics, Genomics and biotechnological applications in mariculture
and fishery resources management
|3||Seed Production in Agricultural Crops and Fisheries-Marine microalgae||ICAR|
- 2005 Jawaharlal Nehru Award for best PhD thesis from ICAR
- Paper published in Tissue ad Cell selected as one of the Top 25 hottest articles on Science Direct and Most Cited Papers on Animal Structures and Microbiology by BioInfoBank Libraray.
- Published national and international patents
1. Dharmaraj, S and C.P. Suja In-vitro pearl production using marine organisms International Publication under World Intellectual Property Organization WO 2008/062248 A1 29-05-2008
2. Suja, C.P., N. Sukumaran and S.Dharmaraj 2007. Effect of culture media and tissue extracts in the mantle explant culture of abalone, Haliotis varia Linnaeus. Aquaculture 271(1-4):pp. 516-522
3. Suja, C.P and S.Dharmaraj, 2005. In-vitro culture of mantle tissue of the abalone Haliotis varia Linnaeus. Tissue and Cell, 37: 1-10.
4. Dharmaraj, S , K.Shanmugasundaram and C.P.Suja.2004. Larval rearing and spat production of the windowpane shell, Placuna placenta. Aquaculture Asia, 9(2): 20-23 &28.
5. Dharmaraj, S and C.P. Suja. 2002. Development of technology in in-vitro pearl production in India. Bull. Malacol. Soc. London, No. 39, pp. 9 &11.
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/scholar?start=30&q=suja+cp&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5
- ResearchGate - http://www.researchgate.net/profile/SUJA_CP