Dr.Ritesh RanjanTel: ; Cell:
- Breeding and seed production of marine finfish
- Live feed culture for marine finfish larvae
- Immunostimulants and probiotics in mariculture
I graduated from College of Fisheries, Mangalore in 2003. I completed my post-graduation in 2005 and Ph. D. in 2012 in Fish Pathology and Microbiology from Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai. I joined CMFRI in 2008 and since then I have been working in the field of mariculture, particularly on marine finfish breeding. I have worked on the sex reversal of grouper and it’s broodstock development. Presently, I am working on breeding and seed production of grouper and Indian Pompano. I am interested in live feed culture and its application in marine finfish larval rearing.
- Ph.D. 2012 Fish Pathology and Microbiology, CIFE, Mumbai
- M.F.Sc. 2005 Fish Pathology and Microbiology, CIFE, Mumbai
- B.F.Sc 2003 Fisheries Science, College of Fisheries, Mangalore (UAS, Bangalore)
|1||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|2||Innovations in Sea cage farming & Coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|3||Health Management in selected finfish and shellfish for mariculture and aquariculture & bioprospecting from marine resources||CMFRI|
|4||Stock Characterization, Captive Breeding, Seed Production and Culture of Hilsa (Tenualosa ilisha)||NFBSFARA|
|5||National Surveillance Programme for Aquatic Animal Diseases||NFDB|
- Dr. Hiralala Chaudhuri Gold medal for first position in MFSc programme of Fish Pathology and Microbiology of the academic year 2003-2005.
1. Ranjan, Ritesh and Xavier, Biji and Dash, Biswajit and Edward, Loveson and Suresh, Relangi and Kumar, P. Suresh (2014) Efficacy of 17 ?-methyl testosterone and letrozole on sex reversal of protogynous grouper, Epinephelus tauvina (Forskal, 1775) and spawning performance of sex-reversed males. Aquaculture Research. Doi: 10.1111/are.12360.
2. Ranjan, Ritesh and Xavier, Biji and Dash, Biswajit and Edward, Loveson and Maheswarudu, G and Rao, G Syda (2014) Domestication and brood stock development of the orange spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides (Hamilton, 1822) in open sea cage off Visakhapatnam coast. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 61 (1). pp. 21-25.
3. Ranjan, Ritesh and Prasad, K P and Vani, T and Kumar, Rajesh (2012) Effect of dietary chitosan on haematology, innate immunity and disease resistance of Asian seabass Lates calcarifer (Bloch). Aquaculture Research, 45 (6). pp. 983-993.
4. Vani, T and Saharan, Neelam and Roy, S D and Ranjan, Ritesh and Pal, A K and Siddaiah, G M and Kumar, Rajesh (2012) Alteration in haematological and biochemical parameters of Catla catla exposed to sub lethal concentration of cypermethrin. Fish physiology and Biochemistry, 38 (6). pp. 1577-1584.
5. Vani, T and Saharan, Neelam., Mukherjee, S C and Ranjan, Ritesh and kumar, Rajesh and Brahmchari, R K (2011) Deltamethrin induced alterations of hematological and biochemical parameters in fingerlings of Catla catla (Ham.) and their amelioration by dietary supplement of Vitamin C. Pesticide biochemistry and physiology, 101(1). pp. 16-20.