Dr.G. TamilmaniTel: 91 4573 241175; Cell:
- Finfish broodstock nutrition
- Hormonal induction protocols
- Mariculture technologies
Completed my post graduation in Veterinary Physiology in 2001 and PhD in Reproductive Physiology in 2007. Worked as Assistant Professor in Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Jammu (SKUAST-Jammu) from the year 2003 to 2008. Joined in the CMFRI as Scientist (Animal Physiology) in 2008. Currently involved in fish nutrition, hormonal induction, breeding, seed production and farming of high value marine finfishes viz., cobia, silver pompano, snappers and ornamental fishes.
- PhD 2007, Indian Veterinary Research Institute
- MVSc 2001, Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University
- BVSc 1997, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
|1||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|2||Innovations in cage farming and coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|3||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)||ICAR|
1. Gopakumar, G., Nazar, A K A., Jayakumar, R., Tamilmani, G., Kalidas, C., Sakthivel, M., Ramesh Kumar, P., Hanumanta, R.G., Premjoti, R., Balamurugan, V., Ramkumar, B., Jayasingh, M and Rao, G S (2012). Broodstock development through regulation of photoperiod and controlled breeding of silver pompano, Trachinotus blochii (Lacepede, 1801) in India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (1). pp. 53-57.
2. Nazar, A K A ., Jayakumar, R., Tamilmani, G., Sakthivel, M., Kalidas, C., Ramesh Kumar, P., Anbarasu, M., Sirajudeen, S., Balamurugan, V., Jayasingh, M and Gopakumar, G (2012). Larviculture and seed production of the silver pompano, Trachinotus blochii (Lacepede, 1801) for the first time in India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3). pp. 83-87.
3. Kalidas, C., Sakthivel, M., Tamilmani, G., Ramesh Kumar, P., Nazar, A K A., Jayakumar, R., Balamurugan, Ramkumar, Jothi, P and Gopakumar, G (2012). Survival and growth of juvenile silver pompano Trachinotus blochii (Lacepède, 1801) at different salinities in tropical conditions. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3). pp. 95-98.
4. Tamilmani, G., Varshney, V P., Dubey, P.K., Pathak, M.C., Sharma, T G (2013). Influence of FSH on in vitro growth, steroidogenesis and DNA synthesis of buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) ovarian preantral follicles. Anim. Reprod., v.10, n.1, p.32-40.
5. Tamilmani, G., Rao, B.S., Vagdevi, R., Amarnath, D., Naik, B.R., Mutharao, M. , Rao, V.H (2005). Nuclear maturation of ovine oocytes in cultured preantral follicles. Small Ruminant Research., V. 60, Issue 3 , Pages 295-305.