Dr.Bindu SulochananTel: 0824 â€“ 2414500; Cell:
- Marine and estuarine environment hydrography
- Coastal erosion and impact on marine ecosystem
- River discharge and influence on marine litter
After taking M.E.(Ag) from Tamilnadu Agricultural University in 1998 joined Agricultural engineering division, UAS, Bangalore as Assistant professor till 2000. Later worked for a brief period in CWRDM, Calicut, as S.R.F. Consequent on selection in ARS in 2001 joined the FEM division in CMFRI. Worked in the marine environment of Palk Bay and Gulf of Mannar with special reference to the sediment chemistry, current pattern, erosion, sediment dynamics of seagrass beds, trace metal contamination and algal blooms. Presently working on the Arabian sea environment related to marine litter, pollution, mangroves, marine mammals and seabirds.
- Ph. D (Marine Environment)2009 Madurai Kamaraj University,Madurai Tamilnadu
- M.E.(Ag)1998(Soil & Water Conservation Engineering) TNAU-Coimbatore
- B.E.(Ag) 1996 College of Agriculture Engineering TNAU-Coimbatore
- B.Sc(Mathematics)1991 St.Teresa’s College Ernakulam Kerala
|1||Ecosystem process of critical marine habitats and development of protocols for restoration.||CMFRI|
|2||Pollution and litter in the coastal and marine ecosystem and their impact.||CMFRI|
|3||Development of fishery management plans for sustaining marine fisheries of Karnataka and Goa.||CMFRI|
|4||Towards developing models for prediction of recruitment success in major Indian marine fish stocks||MoES|
- Rated as one of the five outstanding participants in the ICAR Winter School Training 2002 held at CIFT Kochi.
- Best presentation award in the National seminar on coastal zone Management 2008 at CMFRI
- Third place in the Varnanukram Lekhan completion organized by TOLIC 2010 at Mangalore.
- Best presentation award in the National seminar on Biodiversity 2011 at CMFRI
- Second best presentation award on National scientific Hindi seminar on Approaches to aquatic ecosystem sustainability 2014 at CMFRI Kochi.
1. Bindu Sulochanan, P.K. Krishnakumar,D. Prema, P.Kaladharan, K.K. Valsala, G.S. Bhat and K. Muniyandi 2007.Trace metal contamination of the marine environment in Palk Bay and Gulf of Mannar. J. Mar. Biol. Ass. India, 49(1) : 12-18 .
2. Bindu Sulochanan, A. K. Kumaraguru and L.S. Korabu 2011. Hydrological condition in seagrass beds in Palk Bay and Gulf of Mannar South east coast of India. J. Mar. Biol. Ass. India, 53 (1). pp. 108-115.
3. Bindu Sulochanan and K. L. Shankar (2008) à¤°à¤¾à¤®à¥‡à¤¶à¥à¤µà¤°à¤® à¤¦à¥à¤µà¥€à¤ª à¤•à¥‡ à¤¤à¤Ÿà¥€à¤¯ à¤…à¤µà¤¸à¤¾à¤¦à¥‹à¤‚ à¤•à¥€ à¤¸à¥à¤¥à¤¿à¤°à¤¤à¤¾ à¤”à¤° à¤¨à¤¿à¤¤à¤²à¤¸à¥à¤¥ à¤œà¥€à¤µ. à¤¤à¤Ÿà¥€à¤¯ à¤®à¥‡à¤–à¤²à¤¾ à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤¬à¤‚à¤§à¤¨ - à¤µà¤¿à¤¶à¥‡à¤· à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤•à¤¾à¤¶à¤¨ , 97 . pp. 9-13.
4. Bindu Sulochanan and Bhat, G S and Lavanya, S (2011) Marine litter in the coastal environment of Mangalore. Marine Fisheries Information Service (208). pp. 18-19.
5. Josia Jacob , Prosenjit Ghosh , A. P. Dineshbabu ,P. Sabu , K. Srinivas ,Bindu Sulochanan 2014 Hydrographical characteristics and oxygen isotopic signatures of water in a coastal environment (Mangalore)along the southeastern Arabian Sea .Oceanographic Society of Japan and Springer Japan 2014.
Google Scholar https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Bindu%20Sulochanan