Dr.Biji XavierTel: ; Cell:
- Marine finfish breeding and seed production
- Marine finfish culture
I have completed my Masters degree (MFSc in Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry) in 2005 and Doctoral degree (PhD in Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry) in 2013 from Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai. I got selected in ARS (2009 batch) and joined in CMFRI. Presently I am working as Scientist in Mariculture division of CMFRI at Visakhapatnam Regional centre. I have worked on domestication, brood stock development, sex reversal, induced breeding, spawning, larval rearing and nursery rearing of grouper. In mariculture, I have contributed to the growth of finfish production in order to support the food security of the country. I have interests in the seed production of some more marine finfishes.
- PhD 2013 Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai
- MFSc 2003 Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai
- BFSc 1998 College of Fisheries Panangad, University of Kerala
|1||Development and standardization of seed production technologies of selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|2||Innovations in sea cage farming & coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
1. Biji Xavier, N. P. Sahu, A. K. Pal, K. K. Jain, Sougat Misra, R. S. Dalvi, Kartik Baruah. Water soaking and exogenous enzyme treatment of plant-based diets: effect on growth performance, whole body composition, and digestive enzyme activities of rohu, Labeo rohita (Hamilton), fingerlings (2012). Fish Physiol Biochem.38(2):341-353.
2. Ranjan, R., Xavier, B., Dash, B., Edward, L. L., Suresh, R. D. and Kumar, P. S. (2013) Efficacy of 17 ?-methyl testosterone and letrozole on sex reversal of protogynous grouper, Epinephelus tauvina (Forskal, 1775) and spawning performance of sex-reversed males. Aquaculture Research.
3. Ranjan, R., Xavier, B., Dash, B., Edward, L. L., Maheswarudu, G., and Rao, G. S. (2014) Domestication and brood stock development of the orange spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides (Hamilton, 1822) in open sea cage off Visakhapatnam coast. Indian J. Fisheries, 61 (1): 21-25.
4. C. Alexander, N. P. Sahu, A. K. Pal, M. S. Akhtar,, S. Saravanan, B. Xavier and S. Munilkumar (2011). Higher water temperature enhances dietary carbohydrate utilization and growth performance in Labeo rohita (Hamilton) fingerlings. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition. DOI: 10.1111/j.1439-0396.2010.01095. 95(5): 642-652.