Dr.Aswathy N.Tel: 0484 2362538; Cell:
Focus of Research:
- Natural resource management, bio-economics and productivity analysis
- Domestic and international trade analysis
- Socio-economics and policy research
I have completed my Masters and Ph.D in Agricultural Economics from Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore. Joined as Scientist in CMFRI in 2002 and currentlyworking as Senior Scientist atthe Socio-Economic Evaluation and Technology Transfer Division of CMFRI. I have worked onBio-economics and Total factor productivity analysis of marine fisheries. I have also done domestic and international trade analysis of marine fish and developed the marine fish price index using ex-vessel prices in India. I have interests in impact and policy analysis in marine fisheries using optimization models.
- PhD 2009 Agricultural Economics, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Agriculture 1999 Agricultural Economics, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- BSc.Agriculture 1996 Agriculture, Kerala Agricultural University
Current Research Projects
|1.||Economics of marine fisheries and sustainable management: Policy Issues and Interventions (FISHCMFRISIL201202000020||CMFRI|
|2.||Supply chain management of marine fisheries sector in India(FISHCMFRISIL201202300023)||CMFRI|
|3.||Development of fishery management plans for sustaining marine fisheries of Kerala and Lakshadweep||CMFRI|
|4.||An input-output economic optimization model for marine fisheries at Tuticorin Fishing harbour (FISHCMFRISIL 201202100021||CMFRI|
|5.||Innovations in sea cage farming and coastal mariculture (FISHCMFRISIL 201202500025)||CMFRI|
|6.||A study on the estimation of Input cost of Marine Fishery (including Prawns and High valued Fish) for arriving at Gross Value Added (GVA)||MOSPI, Govt of India|
Awards & Recognitions:
- Best oral presentation award for the paper entitled "Market linkages and benefit sharing in the Indian Mackerel value chain in Karnataka: A policy analysis" in the international conference “Aquatic resources and blue economy –Aquabe” 2019 held from 28-30 November, 2019 at Le-Meridien, Kochi.
- ICAR Junior Research Fellowship awarded by the Indian council of Agricultural research in 1997 for post graduate studies
- Hon’ble William OdangoOmamogold medaland Dr.M.Srinivasan memorial gold medal (Best PG student in Agricultural Economics, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in 1999)
Best 5 Publications:
- Aswathy, N and Narayanakumar, R and Shyam, S Salim and Vipinkumar, V P and Kuriakose, Somy and Geetha, R and Harshan, N K (2013) Total factor productivity growth in marine fisheries of Kerala.Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (4). pp. 77-80.
- Aswathy, N and Shanmugam, T R and Sathiadhas, R (2011) Economic viability of mechanized fishing units and socio-economics of fishing ban in Kerala. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 58 (2). pp. 115-120.
- Aswathy, N and Shanmugam, T R and Ashok, K R (2011) Sustainability of marine fish production in Kerala-A Bioeconomic analysis. Journal of Fisheries Economics and Development, 12 (1). pp. 1-11..
- Sathiadhas, R and Narayanakumar, R and Aswathy, N (2012) Marine Fish Marketing in India. CMFRI Kochi, Ernakulam. ISBN 978-81-901219-8-9
- Aswathy, N and Sathiadhas, R (2006) Socio-economic impact assessment of monsoon trawl ban on marine fisheries sector of Kerala, India. In: Proceedings of the symposium on Improved Sustainability of fish production systems and appropriate technologies for utilisation, 16-18 March 2005, Kochi
Links to other profiles: