Dr.Anulekshmi ChellappanTel: 022 26392795; Cell:
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Focus of Research:
- Pelagic fisheries
- GIS based fisheries management
- Cage culture
Aftercompleting B.F.Sc. from Fisheries College, PanagaduI have joined at FC&RI, Tuticorin.Presently I am pursuing my PhD at CIFE under the guidance of Dr. S.K.Chakraborty. I have cleared ARS in 2009 and joined at CMFRI in 2010. Now I am working with pelagic fisheries division based at Mumbai. As per the MoU with CIFE, I had been the co-guide for two MFSc students of Fisheries Resource Management Division of CIFE.I have interested in biology and stock assessment of pelagic fishes in relation with climate change and also interested inGIS based fishery resource mapping for the conservation and management of fishery.
- MFSc2008Fisheries Biology, Tamilnadu Veterinary and Animal Science University(TANUVAS)
- BFSc2006Fisheries Science, Kerala Agricultural University(KAU)
Current Research Projects
|1||Development of Fishery Management Plans (FMPs) for sustaining marine fisheries of Maharashtra||CMFRI|
|2||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries managements||CMFRI|
|3||Remote sensing assisted biodynamic forecasting paradigm for Indian marine fishery resources (Chloriffs)||CMFRI|
|4||Development of biological indictors for large pelagics to evolve fishery management plans||CMFRI|
|5||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture||ICAR|
Awards & Recognitions:
- Dr.V. Rajagopalan award for the best MFSc student in Fisheries Biology from TANUVAS, Chennai during 2008.
- Certificate of appreciation for professional competency and academic excellencefrom CIFE, Mumbai during 2009.
Best 5 Publications:
- 1. Ghosh, Shubhadeep and Sivadas, M and Abdussamad, E M and Rohit, Prathibha and Koya, K P Said and Joshi, K K and Anulekshmi, C and Margaret MuthuRathinam, A and Prakasan, D and Sebastine, Manju (2012) Fishery, population dynamics and stock structure of frigate tuna Auxisthazard (Lacepede, 1800) exploited from Indian waters. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (2). pp. 95-100.
- 2. Chellappan, Anulekshmi and Pawar, Nilesh and Bagade, Dhanasree and Jaokar, Amey (2013) Heavy landing of needle fish, Ablenneshians (Valenciennes,1846) at Sassoon dock, Maharashtra. Marine Fisheries Information Service; Technical & Extension Series (218). pp. 18-19.
- 3. Rohit, Prathibha and Chellappan, Anulekshmi and Abdussamad, E M and Joshi, K K and Koya, K P Said and Sivadas, M and Ghosh, Shubhadeep and Margaret MuthuRathinam, A and Kemparaju, S and Dhokia, H K and Prakasan, D and Beni, N (2012) Fishery and bionomics of the little tuna, Euthynnusaffinis (Cantor, 1849) exploited from Indian waters. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3). pp. 37-46.
- 4. Abdussamad, E M and Rao, G Syda and Koya, K P Said and Rohit, Prathibha and Joshi, K K and Sivadas, M and Kuriakose, Somy and Ghosh, Shubhadeep and Jasmine, S and Chellappan, Anulekshmi and Koya, Mohammed (2012) Indian tuna fishery - production trend during yesteryears and scope for the future. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3). pp. 1-13.
- 5. Deshmukh, V D and Singh, V V and Anulekshmi, C and Dash, Gyanaranjan (2010) Hazardous oil spill in Mumbai Port and adjacent fishing areas. CMFRI Newsletter No.126 July- September 2010, 126 . p. 11.
Links to other profiles: