Climate Resilient Technologies
NICRA-CMFRI developed various innovative climate resilient technologies. The developed technologies are listed below
- Farming of stress tolerant species (Silver pompano, Pearl spot) in ponds and small cages.
- Low cost farming techniques (All weather mooring system for cages)
- IMTA-Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture (Seaweed, Cobia & Mussel)
- Monoline seaweed culture method for better yield and profits
- Technology development initiated for mariculture of Kappaphycus alvarezii using vegetative propagation to yield higher harvest and the technology has been attempted at Kochi.
- Paddy-Finfish farming in Pokkali fields
- Multivendor E-Commerce website www.marinefishsales.com and Android App- income improvement for coastal fishermen communities.