Objectives & Work Components
- Studying the spawning behaviour of economically important fishes in relation to climatic factors to harness the beneficial effects of climate change.
- Unravel the relationship between climatic factors and chlorophyll on abundance of major fishes.
- Demonstrate the climate coping technologies in marine fisheries to primary and secondary stakeholders.
- Climate change modelling and projections for Indian marine fisheries sector.
NICRA Phase II Work Components
- Phenology, Trophodynamics & Abundance estimation
- Spatio-temporal studies on Habitat Shift & Species Distribution
- Vulnerability assessment and predictive modelling of key marine species
- Critical Habitat management
- Carbon sequestration studies
- Blue Carbon potential
- Climate resilient product development
- National Resilience Framework for Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Climate resilient technology development and popularizing
- Scientific events, workshops on capacity building
NICRA Phase I Work Components
- Capture Fisheries and Modelling
- Cage farming of Pompano
- Integrated Multi Trophic Aquaculture
- Technology Demonstration
- Participatory Programmes
- Training programmes
- Capacity development programmes