Dr.Venkatesan V.Tel: ; Cell:
- Cephalopod fisheries
- Bivalve mariculture
- Gastropod fisheries
After taking masters in Aquaculture (Mari culture) in 2001 and PhD in Bigfin Squid Biology and Fisheries in 2012. I am working in CMFRI since 2004 on molluscan fisheries and mariculture. I have worked on understanding cephalopod and gastropod biology and fisheries. In mollusc mariculture, I have contributed to the growth of commercial bivalve mariculture in kerala, India.
- PhD 2012 Marine Biology, Annamalai University
- MFSc 2001 Mariculture, Central Institute of Fisheries Education
- BFSc 1999 Fish & Fisheries Science, TANUVAS University
|1||Development of Fishery Management Plans for sustaining Marine Fisheries of Kerala and Lakshadweep||CMFRI|
|2||Development of Fishery Management Plans (FMPs) for the bivalve fisheries of India||CMFRI|
|3||Evaluation of ornamental gastropod fisheries in India and Assessment of shell craft industry||CMFRI|
1. and and and and and and and and and and and (2013) Fishery Management Plan for Ashtamudi Lake Clam Resources à´…à´·àµà´Ÿà´®àµà´Ÿà´¿à´•àµà´•à´¾à´¯à´²à´¿à´²àµ† à´•à´•àµà´• à´¸à´®àµà´ªà´¤àµà´¤àµ à´’à´°àµ à´ªà´°à´¿à´ªà´¾à´²à´¨ à´ªà´¦àµà´§à´¤à´¿. CMFRI Special Publication (114). pp. 1-48.
2. and and and and and and and and and and (2009) Quantitative and qualitative assessment of exploitation of juvenile cephalopods from the Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal and determination of minimum legal sizes. Journal of Marine Biological Association of India, 51 (1). pp. 98-106.