Dr.Swatipriyanka Sen DashTel: +91 02876 231865; Cell:
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Demersal Fisheries, Population Dynamics, Stock Assessment and Fisheries Resource Management
- Impact of climate change on marine fisheries
I have done my masters in fisheries resource management in 2010 during which I have worked on image analysis based stock identification protocols. Since 2012, I am working in CMFRI on Demersal fisheries related studies. I am working to understand fish biology and it population dynamics as well as resolving the management strategy for the sustainable exploitation of this resource. I am also involved in assessing the climate change impact on marine fisheries and its mitigation aspects. Presently, I am pursuing my Ph.D. on shark population biology study.
- PhD Since 2010 (Central institute of fisheries education, Versova, Mumbai)
- MSc 2010 (Central institute of fisheries education, Versova, Mumbai)
- BSc 2008 (Odisha university of agriculture and technology, Bhubaneswar)
|1||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management”||CMFRI|
|2||Development of Fishery Management Plans for sustainable Marine Fisheries of Gujarat||CMFRI|
|3||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)-Marine Fisheries||ICAR|
|4||Assessment of Elasmobranch resources in the Indian seas||CMFRI|
|5||Establishment of sea cage farms for the ‘Sidi’ adivasi tribe of Saurashtra coast of Gujarat and transfer of technology of sea cage farming to the tribe as a livelihood support under the tribal sub plan (TSP)||CMFRI|
- Gold medal award for securing the top score in M.F.Sc. (2010) from Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE), Versova, Mumbai
1. Swatipriyanka Sen, Shrinivas Jahageerdar, A. K. Jaiswar, S. K. Chakraborty, A. M. Sajina, Gyanaranjan Dash (2011). Stock structure analysis of Decapterus russelli (Ruppell, 1830) from east and west coast of India using truss network analysis. Fisheries Research, 112:38-43.
2. Gyanaranjan Dash, Swatipriyanka Sen, K. Mohammed Koya, K. R. Sreenath, Suresh Kumar Mojjada, M. S. Zala, S. Pradeep (2013). Fishery and stock assessment of the three-spot swimming crab Portunus sanguinolentus (Herbst, 1783) off Veraval, Gujarat. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60(4): 17-25.
3. Swatipriyanka Sen, Gyanaranjan Dash, K. Mohammed Koya, K. R. Sreenath, Suresh Kumar Mojjada, Mahendra Kumar Fofandi, M. S. Zala, Sonia Kumari (2014). Stock assessment of Japanese threadfin bream, Nemipterus japonicus. (Bloch, 1791) from Veraval waters. Indian Journal of Marine Sciences, 43(4): 519-527.
4. Gyanaranjan Dash, Ram Prakash Raman, K. Pani Prasad, M. Makesh, M.A. Pradeep, Swatipriyanka Sen (2014) Evaluation of Lactobacillus plantarum as feed supplement on host associated microflora, growth, feed efficiency, carcass biochemical composition and immune response of giant freshwater prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergii (de Man, 1879). Aquaculture, 432: 225-236.
5. Swathi Lekshmi Perumal Sundaram, C. Ramachandran, R. Narayana Kumar, K. Mohammed Koya, R. Sreenath, Gyanaranjan Dash, Swati Priyanka Sen, B. Suresh Kumar Mojjada, B. Sangeetha, P. Makwana Nayan, G. Syda Rao (2013) Post-frontline demonstration impact analysis of open sea cage culture among Sidi tribes in Gujarat. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60(3): 35-40.