Dr.Sekar MegarajanTel: ; Cell:
- Breeding and seed production of marine finfishes
- Fish molecular endocrinology
- Fish molecular genetics
I have graduated in fisheries science from TANUVAS, and then obtained master degree in Fish Genetics and Biotechnology and PhD in Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry from CIFE. Before joining CMFRI in 2013, I have served for two years in Transasia Bio-Medicals Ltd, Mumbai in the area of immunology for development of diagnostic kits for human infectious disease. Presently, I am working as scientist in mariculture division, where I am mainly involved in breeding and seed production of marine finfishes, especially Orange spotted grouper and Indian pompano and also working on live feed culture for marine finfishes.
- PhD 2011 Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE)
- MFSc 2006 Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE)
- BFSc 2003 Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences university (TANUVAS)
|1||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|2||Innovations in sea cage farming & coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|3||Genetics, genomics and biotechnological applications in mariculture and fishery resources management||CMFRI|
- 2008 Awarded Kanazawa Research Fellowship from Asian Fisheries Society.
1. Suresh, E., Tiwari, V. K., Sekar, M., Sankar, M and Kathirvelpandian, A. 2013. Genetic structure of populations of Mugil cephalus using RAPD markers. African Journal of Biotechnology. 12 (44), 6262-6266.
2. Sekar, M., Sigh, S. D and Gupta,S. 2014. Cloning and Characterization of Pangasianodonhypophthalmus Growth Hormone Gene and its Heterologous Expression. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. (DOI 10.1007/s12010-014-0946-7)
3. Suresh E., Reddy A. K., Krishna, G., Sharma, R., Chaudhari, A., Sankar, M., Sekar, M and Kathirvelpandian A. 2014. Microsatellite DNA analysis of giant freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) from India, 7 pages. The Israeli Journal of Aquaculture - Bamidgeh,[MS IJA_66.1070]