Shri.S. RamkumarTel: 28880085; Cell:
- By-catch dynamics and its economic valuation
- Taxon validation of Fishes, Molluscs and Crustacean resources
I did Masters in Fisheries Science with specialization in Fisheries Resource Management and worked on Bioactivity of venom extracted from Sea Anemone. Presently working as scientist in Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute under Marine Biodiversity division and doing research on Coral ecosystem diversity and its health status, Ecosystem biodiversity valuation and Impact of over-fishing on vulnerable resources. Doctoral research is about the diversity and temporal variation of trawl by-catch along Mumbai coast.
- Doctor of Philosophy (pursuing) in Fisheries Resource Management at Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai.
- Master of Fisheries Sciences, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai.
- Bachelor of Fisheries Sciences, Fisheries College and Research Institute, Tuticorin.
|1||Bioinventorying and biodiversity valuation of marine organisms in selected marine ecosystems along the Indian coast||CMFRI|
|2||Investigations on vulnerable coral reef ecosystems of Indian waters with special emphasis on formulation of management measures for conservation||CMFRI|
|3||Assessment of the fishing impacts on biodiversity loss, with special reference to the threatened species, to formulate management options for their protection||CMFRI|
|4||Development of fishery management plans for sustain marine fisheries of Maharashtra||CMFRI|
|5||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture - Marine Fisheries||DARE-ICAR|
|6||Development of protocols and capacity building on stranding, beaching and post-mortem analysis of Cetaceans||GOI-UNDP-GEF|
|7||Myctophid resources assessment in the Arabian Sea||MoES|
- 2007-09: Dr. Hiralal Choudhary Gold Medal Award for securing the first position in the M.F.Sc. (Fisheries Resource Management) in Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE), Mumbai.
1. Purushottama G. B., Anulekshmi, C., Ramkumar, S, Thakurdas & Bala Mhadgut (2014). A rare occurrence and biology of the Slender sunfish, Ranzania laevis (Actinopterygii: Tetraodontiformes: Molidae), in the coastal waters of Mumbai, North-West Coast of India. Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Sciences. 43 (8).
2. Kirubasankar, R and Dam Roy, S and George, Grinson and Sarma, Kamal and Krishnan, P and Ramkumar, S and Kaliyamoorthy, M and Goutham Bharathi, M P (2013) Fishery and Exploitation of Malabar Grouper, Epinephelus malabaricus (Bloch & Schneider 1801) from Andaman Islands. Asian Fisheries Science, 26 . pp. 167-175.
3. Ramkumar S, Arun Sudhagar S and Venkateshvaran K (2012). Bioactivity of venom extracted from the sea anemone Anthopleura asiatica (Cnidaria: Anthozoa): Toxicity and Histopathological studies. Inter. J. fisheries and Aquaculture, vol4(4). Pp. 71-76.