Dr.Rekha J. NairTel: 0484-2347976; Cell:
- Fish Taxonomy
- Fishery biology of selected demersal groups.
- Stock assessment and fisheries management
With a Masters in Mariculture and PhD in Flatfish taxonomy, I joined CMFRI in 1996 and started work on the biology and taxonomy of different groups of demersal fishes. I am currently working on groupers, snappers, rays and flatfishes as well as climate change and its effect on marine fish in CMFRI. I have worked on the reef fish distribution along the Indian coasts and presently working on the database of reef fishes of India. My interests include marine fish taxonomy, fishery biology and stock assessment.
- PhD 2012 Zoology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala
- MSc 1993 Mariculture, Cochin University of Science and Technology
- BSc 1991 Zoology, University of Kerala
|1||Development of Fishery Management Plans for sustaining Marine Fisheries of Kerala and Lakshadweep||CMFRI|
|2||Assessment of the elasmobranch resources in the Indian seas||CMFRI|
|3||Resources Assessment & Barcoding of Elasmobranchs||MoES|
|4||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture||ICAR|
- Commission Member, Species Specialist Group on Grouper and Wrasse (IUCN) for the period 2012- as on date
- Commission Member, Species Specialist Group on Snapper, Seabream & Grunt (IUCN) for the period 2017- as on date
- Won best paper in the Climate Change Session for the paper” Distributional shift of pelagics Indian oil sardine and Indian mackeral towards Northern Indian Ocean: a climate change induced scenario?” at 2nd International Conference on Ecosystem Conservation and Sustainable Development (ECOCASD), 3 to 5 October 2013, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
- Associate Secretary, Marine Biological Association of India, Kochi
- Best Research Paper in Akhil Bharatiya Hindhithar Bashi Vishesh Sthan.
- Nair, Rekha J (2018) Epinephelus diacanthus, Spinycheek Grouper. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species 2018.
- Nair, Rekha J (2018) Epinephelus longispinis, Longspine Grouper. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species 2018.
- Nair, Rekha J and Samoilys, Melita and Cabanban, A S (2018) Variola louti, Yellow-edged Lyretail. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species 2018.
- Nair, Rekha J and Ambarish, Gop P and Mahesh, V (2018) ICAR Sponsored Winterschool on Recent Advances in Fishery Biology Techniques for Biodiversity Evaluation and Conservation. Manual. Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi.
- Nair, Rekha J and Zacharia, P U and Dinesh Kumar, S and Kishore, T G and Divya, N D and Seetha, P K and Sobhana, K S (2016) Recent trends in the mobulid fishery in Indian waters. Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Sciences, 44 (9). pp. 1265-1283
- Google Scholar http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=nuv5U_AAAAAJ
- ResearchGate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Rekha_Nair6/research