Dr.Muktha MTel: ; Cell:
- Demersal fish biology and stock assessment
- Impact of climate change on fish resources
- GIS-based analysis of fish resources
I completed my Bachelor of Fisheries Science from College of Fisheries, Panangad in 2000 and my MS in Aquatic and Fishery Science from the University of Washington, Seattle, USA in 2004. I joined the Agricultural Research Service in December, 2009. In 2010 I was posted to the Visakhapatnam Regional Centre of CMFRI as scientist in the Demersal Fisheries Division. Since then I have been involved in the assessment of major demersal resources of Andhra Pradesh and the impacts of climate change on these resources. I am also involved in GIS-based analysis of these resources.
- PhD (2018) Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- MS (Aquatic & Fishery Science) 2004, University of Washington, Seattle
- BFSc 2000, College of Fisheries, Kerala Agricultural University
|1||Development of Fisheries Management Plans (FMPs) for Sustaining marine fisheries of Andhra Pradesh||CMFRI|
|2||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management||CMFRI|
|3||Assessment of Elasmobranch Resources in the Indian Seas||CMFRI|
|4||Trawl fishery of the North east coast of India: An appraisal||CMFRI|
|5||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)||ICAR|
|6||Resource assessment and barcoding of elasmobranchs||MoES|
- H. Mason Keeler Scholarship for Excellence, 2001-2003
- AKDS gold medal for best outgoing B. F. Sc student, 2000
- Dr. N Kunjan Pillai Memorial Endowment, 2000
- Association of Retired Fisheries Personnel Excellence award, 2000
1. Maheswarudu, G and Rao, G Syda and Rohit, Prathibha and Laxmilatha, P and Ghosh, Shubhadeep and Muktha, M (2013) Marine fisheries of Andhra Pradesh: a decadal analysis. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (3). pp. 27-33.
2. B. Ganesh Kumar, K. K. Datta, G. Vidya Sagar Reddy and Muktha Menon: Marketing System and Efficiency of Indian Major Carps in India, Agricultural Economics Research Review Vol. 23 (1) 2010, pp 105-113
3. P. Shinoj, B. Ganesh Kumar, R. Sathiadhas, K. K. Datta, Muktha Menon and Shiv Kumar Singh: Spatial Price Integration and Price Transmission among Major Fish Markets in India, Agricultural Economics Research Review Vol. 21 (Conference Number) 2008, pp 327-335
4. B. Ganesh Kumar, K. K. Datta, P. K. Joshi, P. K. Katiha, R. Suresh, T. Ravisankar, K. Ravindranath and Muktha Menon: Domestic Fish Marketing in India – Changing Structure, Conduct, Performance and Policies, Agricultural Economics Research Review Vol. 21 (Conference Number) 2008, pp 345-354
5. Menon M., Gallucci V. F. and Conquest, L. L.: Sampling designs for the estimation of longline by-catch in G. H. Kruse, V. F. Gallucci, D. E. Hay, R. J. Perry, R. M. Peterman, T. C. Shirley, P. D. Spencer, B. Wilson and D. Woodby (eds): Fisheries assessment and management in data-limited situations. Alaska Sea Grant College Program, University of Alaska Fairbanks, pp 851-870.
- Academia.edu: https://cmfri.academia.edu/MukthaMenon