Dr.K. G. MiniTel: +91 484 2394867; Cell:
- Estimation of Marine Fish landings
- Modeling in Fisheries
I completed my Master’s Degree in Agricultural Statistics in 1996 and Doctorate in 2009. From 1998 to until 2001, I worked in the area of non-linear statistical modeling of biological phenomena under the Division of Biometrics at Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute. Afterwards, I have joined CMFRI, Kochi. Presently I am working in Fishery Resources Assessment Division of CMFRI, focusing mainly on monitoring and assessment of marine fish landings along the Indian coastline.
- PhD 2009 Statistics, Kannur University, Kerala
- MSc 1996 Agricultural Statistics, Kerala Agricultural University
- BSc 1993 Mathematics, Calicut University, Kerala
|1||GIS based management advisory support information system for the marine fisheries sector||CMFRI|
|2||Remote sensing assisted biodynamic forecasting paradigm for Indian marine fishery resources||CMFRI|
|3||Development of fishery management plans for sustaining marine fisheries of Karnataka and Goa||CMFRI|
|4||Development of strategies to sustain the stock and fishery of large pelagics in Indian waters Indian marine fish stocks||CMFRI|
1. Mini, K. G. and Kuriakose, Somy and Ammini, P. L. and Augustine, Sindhu K. (2013) Evaluation of multispecies marine fishery in West Bengal, India using diversity indices. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (2). pp. 43-47.
2. Sathianandan, T. V. and Jayasankar, J. and Kuriakose, Somy and Mini, K. G. and Mathew, Wilson T (2011) Indian marine fishery resources: optimistic present, challenging future. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 58 (4). pp. 1-15.
3. Mini, K. G. and Kumaran, M. and Jayasankar, J. (2009) On use of post-stratification for estimating the marine fish landings.Indian Journal of Marine Sciences, 38 (4). pp. 464-469.
4. Kumaran, M. and Mini, K. G. (2008) Estimation of variance components in the marine fish landings data by the method of nested analysis. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 50 (2). pp. 139-148.
5. Srinath, M. and Kuriakose, Somy and Mini, K. G. (2005) Methodology for the Estimation of Marine Fish Landings in India.CMFRI Special Publication, 86 . pp. 1-57
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=oFXykAgAAAAJ&hl=en