Dr.Josileen JoseTel: ; Cell:
- Crustacean biology and fisheries
- Marine Crab broodstock development and seed production
- Fisheries management
Dr. Josileen has completed her masters (Mariculture-1990) and doctoral degrees (Marine Science -2002) from Cochin university of Science & Technology and joined in Agriculture Research Service (ARS) on 14th September 1993, at NAARM, Hyderabad. After completing the management training, she was posted in Crustacean Fisheries Division of CMFRI in 1994 and involved in Crustacean Fisheries and Mariculture research. Since 1st January 2009 she is working as a Principle Scientist. She has contributed significantly to the Marine Crab (Portunid) research in the country and her special interest is in Crab Culture and Fishery Management.
- M.Sc 1990 Cochin University of Science & Technology
- Ph.D 2002 Cochin University of Science & Technology
- B.Sc 1987 Botany, University of Calicut
|1||Development of fishery management plans for sustaining marine fisheries of Kerala and Lakshadweep.||CMFRI|
|2||GIS based resources mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian Coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management.||CMFRI|
- 2005 - Recipient of first Prof. T.J Pandian and A. J. Matti Award instituted by Indian Branch of Asian Fisheries Society for the significant contributions towards the aquaculture development.
- 2008 - Biotechnology Overseas Associateship Award 2007-08 by Department of Bio-technology (Govt. of India) for a period of six months for Aquaculture Research (Fisheries) in James Cook University, Australia.
1. Jose Josileen and Menon N. G. 2004. Larval stages of the blue swimmer crab, Portunus pelagicus (Linnaeus, 1758) (Decapoda, Brachyura). Crustaceana, 77 (7): 785-803.
2. Jose Josileen and Menon, N. G. 2005.Growth of the blue swimmer crab, Portunus pelagicus (Linnaeus, 1758) (Decapoda, Brachyura) in captivity. Crustaceana, 78 (1): 1-18.
3. Maheswarudu, G , Josileen, Jose, Nair, K R Manmadhan and Arputharaj, M R. 2008. Evaluation of the seed production and grow out culture of blue swimming crab Portunus pelagicus Linnaeus, 1758) in India. Indian Journal of Marine Sciences, 37 (3): 313-321.
4. Josileen Jose. 2011. Food and feeding of the blue swimmer crab, Portunus pelagicus (Linnaeus, 1758) (Decapoda, brachyura) along the Coast of Mandapam, Tamil Nadu, India. Crustaceana, 84 (10): 1169-1180.
5. Josileen Jose. 2011. Morphometrics and Length-Weight Relationship in the Blue Swimmer Crab, Portunus pelagicus (Linnaeus, 1758) (Decapoda, Brachyura) from the Mandapam Coast, India. Crustaceana, 84 (14): 1665-1681.