Dr.Joe K. KizhakudanTel: +91 44 27472093; Cell: +91 9445153671
- Crustacean biology, taxonomy & fisheries
- Mariculture of lobsters, shrimps, crabs, halibut and open sea cage farming
- Habitat & stock enhancement, conservation mariculture
After masters in Mariculture in 1993, I worked as Technical Manager at Travancore Shrimp Hatchery, Thottapilly, Kerala (1994-95) and Lecturer, Department of Aquaculture, Sacred Heart College, Thevara, Kerala (1995-96). I joined CMFRI (ARS, 1994) in June 1996. I worked in crustacean fisheries at Veraval (1997-2003) and am now working in mariculture at Chennai. I completed PhD in 2007. My research interests are in lobsters, adaptability of marine invertebrates to environmental change and habitat/resource enhancement through artificial reefs. Major achievements include captive breeding of lobsters, complete larval development and seed production of two species of scyllarid lobsters and open sea cage farming of sea bass.
- PhD 2007 Bhavnagar University
- MSc 1993 Cochin University of Science & Technology, II Rank with distinction
- BSc 1991 Zoology, Mahatma Gandhi University
|1||Development and standardization of seed production technologies of selected high value finfishes and shellfishes.||CMFRI|
|2||Aquatic feed biotechnology for mariculture and aquariculture.||CMFRI|
|3||Health management in selected finfish and shellfish for mariculture and aquariculture & bioprospecting from marine resources||CMFRI|
|4||Innovations in cage farming and coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|5||Genetics, genomics and biotechnological applications in mariculture and fishery resources management||CMFRI|
- 1991-1993 JRF (ICAR) for M.Sc. Mariculture
- Deputed in 2010 to Australian Institute of Marine Sciences under NAIP for training in lobster seed production
- Member of the Management Committee and Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Centre for Aquaculture Research and Development (CARD), Govt of Tamil Nadu
1. Kizhakudan, Joe K and Krishnamurthy, S (2014) Complete larval development of Thenus unimaculatus Burton & Davie, 2007 (Decapoda, Scyllaridae). Crustaceana, 87 (5). pp. 570-584.
2. Vivekanandan, E and Singh, V V and Kizhakudan, Joe K (2013) Carbon footprint by marine fishing boats of India. Current Science, 105 (3). pp. 361-366.
3. Kizhakudan, Joe K and Patel, S K (2010) Size at maturity in the mud spiny lobster Panulirus polyphagus (Herbst, 1793). Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 52 (2). pp. 170-179.
4. Kizhakudan, Joe K and Deshmukh, V D (2009) Fishery and population dynamics of the spider prawn, Nematopalaemon tenuipes Henderson along the Saurashtra coast. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 56 (2). pp. 81-86.
5. Kizhakudan, Joe K (2002) Fishery of the blue swimming crab, Portunus pelagicus (Linn.) in Gujarat. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 44 (1 & 2). pp. 97-106.
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=mvphiTAAAAAJ