Dr.Jayasree LokaTel: +91 8382-222639; Cell:
Worked for Ph.D degree on bacterial and viral diseases of cultured Penaeus monodon along coastal Andhra Pradesh and made significant contributions on emerging diseases of cultured shrimp as a part of Doctoral and Post doctoral work and published 15 research articles in National and International Journals. Worked on “Loose Shell Syndrome and Monodon Baculovirus Syndrome of Penaeus monodon” as Principal Investigator under the Young Scientist and Women Scientist Schemes funded by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi. Involved in teaching for M.Sc students at Department of Zoology and Department of Marine Living Resources for a period of 8 years and taught Marine Microbiology, Microbial Technology, Biostatistics and Fish Genetics. I am working in CMFRI since 2011 in Mariculture Division and involved in cage culture of marine finfishes and microbial diversity of marine cage farm. I am interested to develop of nitrifying bacteria from marine water and sediment for Recirculating Aquaculture systems and also interested in modeling studies related to microbial diversity of marine environment as a part of health management strategies of marine cage farm.
- PhD (1999) – Shrimp Diseases Department of Zoology, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
- M.Phil (1995) – Shrimp Diseases Department of Zoology, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, A.P., India
- MSc (1992) Capture and Culture Fisheries Department of Marine Living Resources, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, A.P., India
- BSc (1989) Zoology, Botany, Chemistry P.R. Govt. College, Kakinada, A.P., India
|1||INNOVATIONS IN SEA CAGE FARMING AND COASTAL MARICULTURE||CMFRI|
|2||Development and standardization of seed production technologies of selected high value fin fishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|3||Health Management in selected finfish and shellfish for mariculture and aquaculture and bio prospecting from marine resources||CMFRI|
|4||Integrated Approaches for Improving the Reproductive Performance of Selected Marine Food Fishes||CMFRI|
|5||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture||ICAR|
|6||Flow of matter through trophic levels and biogeochemical cycle in marine and estuarine eco systems||MoEs|
- Women Scientist Scheme (DST-WOS-A) - 2009 - 2011 funded by Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India
- Young scientist project (DST-Fast-Track scheme) - 2001 – 2004 funded by Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India
- Research Associate (CSIR, New Delhi) - 2000 - 2001 Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Govt. of India
- Senior Research Fellow - (CSIR, New Delhi) -1995 - 1998 Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Govt. of India
- National Merit Scholarship - Govt. of India - 1984 - 1989
1. PHILIPOSE, K. K. JAYASREE LOKA, S. R. KRUPESHA SHARMA, D. DIVU, K. SRINIVASA RAO, NARASIMHULU SADHU, PRAVEEN DUBE, G. GOPAKUMAR, G. SYDA RAO. 2013. Farming of cobia, Rachycentron canadum (Linnaeus 1766) in open sea floating cages in India. Indian Journal of Fisheries. 60 : 35 - 40
2. PHILIPOSE, K. K., KRUPESHA SHARMA, S. R., JAYASREE LOKA, DIVU, D., SADHU N. AND PRAVEEN DUBE. 2013. Culture of Asian seabass (Lates calcarifer, Bloch) in open sea floating net cages off Karwar, south India. Indian Journal of Fisheries. 60 (1): 67-70.
3. JANAKIRAM PASUPULETI, JAYASREE LOKA, SIVAPRASAD B, VEERENDRA KUMAR M, KRISHNA GEETHA G. 2013. Histopathological and Bacteriological studies of Monodon Slow Growth Syndrome (MSGS) affected shrimp. Indian Journal of Fisheries. 60 (1) : 97-101.
4. JAYASREE LOKA, JANAKIRAM P, G. K. GEETHA, B. SIVAPRASAD AND M. VEERENDRAKUMAR. 2012. Loose shell syndrome (LSS) of cultured Penaeus monodon – microbiological and histopathological investigations. Indian Journal of Fisheries. 59 (3): 117-123.
5. K. K. PHILIPOSE, S. R. KRUPESHA SHARMA, JAYASREE LOKA, DIVU DAMODARAN, G. SYDA RAO, NARAYAN G. VAIDYA, SONALI S. MHADDOLKAR, NARASIMHULU SADHU AND PRAVEEN DUBE. 2012. Observations on variations in physico-chemical water parameters of marine fish cage farm off Karwar. Indian Journal of Fisheries. 59 (1) : 83-88.
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=eahZQrcAAAAJ&hl=en
- Research Gate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kolliyil_Mohamed/publications