Dr.Imelda JosephTel: +91 484 2394867 ; Cell:
- Mariculture of finfishes and Cage Aquaculture
- Mariculture Technology Demonstration
- Environmental Microbiology
After taking Masters Degree in Mariculture in 1989 and Ph.D in Marine Sciences (Environmental Microbiology) in 1997 I have worked at Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture till 2000. I have also worked at Krishi Vigyan Kendra of CMFRI at Narakkal during 2000-01. I am working in CMFRI since 2001 May in Aquaculture Nutrition and Mariculture. Currently I am In- Charge of the Mariculture Division at Kochi. In nutrition, I have developed and standardized solid state fermentation technology for nutritional enrichment of aquafeed ingredients as well as agricultural byproducts. In mariculture, I have contributed to the technology demonstration and popularization of cage culture in the country.
- Ph.D. 1997 Cochin University of Science & Technology
- M.Sc. 1989 Mariculture, Cochin University of Science & Technology
- B.Sc. 1986 Botany , University of Calicut
|1||Innovations in seacage farming and coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|2||Development and standardisation of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|3||National Initiative on climate resilient agriculture(NICRA)- Technology demonstration|
1. Syda Rao, G., Imelda-Joseph, K. K. Philipose and M. Sureshkumar, 2013. Cage Aquaculture in India. Book Published by CMFRI, 240p.
2. Hena V., Imelda-Joseph and Paulraj, R. 2009. Biotransformation of tuna waste by co-fermentation into an aquafeed ingredient. Aquaculture Research, 2009, 40, 1047-1053.
3. Rajesh, N, Imelda-Joseph and Paulraj, R. 2010. Value addition of vegetable wastes by solid state fermentation using Aspergillus niger for use in aquafeed industry. Waste management, 30: 2223-2227.
4. Imelda-Joseph, R. Paul Raj and D. Bhatnagar, 2008. Effect of solid state fermentation on nutrient composition of selected feed ingredients. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 55 (4): 327-332.
5. Imelda-Joseph, Susmitha, V. and Anu Mathew, 2013. Isolation and characterisation of extreme halophiles Halomonas aquamarina and Halomonas marina from trigger fish, Abalistes stellaris (Bloch & Schneider, 1801). Indian Journal of Fisheries , 60(3 : 107-112.