Dr.Prathibha RohitTel: ; Cell:
- Marine fisheries of Karnataka and Goa
- Pelagic Fisheries management
- Mariculture and marine biodiversity of Karnataka
After taking masters in CAS in Mariculturein 1984 and PhD in Biosciences I am working in CMFRI since 1986 on pelagic fisheries,mariculture and extension of technologies. I currently head the Mangalore Research Centre of CMFRI. I have worked onunderstanding small and large pelagic fishes and their population dynamics at regional and national levels. In mariculture, the technique of crab fattening was introduced for the first time in Karnataka and engaged in popularization of bivalve farming in Dakshina Kannada and Udupi Districts of Karnataka.
- PhD 2002Mangalore University
- MSc 1984Cochin University
- BSc 1982 Zoology, University of Kerala
|1||Development of fishery management plans for sustaining marine fisheries of Karnataka and Goa.||CMFRI|
|2||Development of strategies to sustain stock and fishery of large pelagics of the Indian Coast||CMFRI|
|3||GIS based resources mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian Coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management||CMFRI|
|4||Remote sensing assisted bio dynamic forecasting paradigm for Indian Marine Fishery Resources||CMFRI|
|5||Satellite Telemetry studies on Migration patterns of Tunas in Indian Seas(SATTUNA).||INCOIS|
|6||Flow of Matter through tropic levels and biogeochemical cycles in Marine and Estuarine ecosystems, under the National Programme “Sustained Indian Ocean Biogeochemical, Ecological Research (SIBER) and Geotraces||MoES/CMLRE|
- 2010-2015 Chairperson of Indian Ocean Tuna Commission Working party on Neritic Tunas.
- Rohit, Prathibha,Rao, G Syda and Ram Mohan, K (2012) Age, growth and population structure of the yellowfin tuna Thunnusalbacares (Bonnaterre, 1788) exploited along the east coast of India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (1). pp. 1-6.
- Rohit, Prathibha, Chellappan, Anulekshmi, Abdussamad, E M, Joshi, K K , Koya, K P Said, Sivadas, M, Ghosh, Shubhadeep, Margaret MuthuRathinam, A , Kemparaju, S, Dhokia, H K, Prakasan, D and Beni, N (2012) Fishery and bionomics of the little tuna, Euthynnusaffinis (Cantor, 1849) exploited from Indian waters. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3). pp. 37-46..
- Rohit, Prathibhaand Bhat, S Uma (2012) Fishery and diet composition of the cobiaRachycentroncanadum (Linnaeus, 1766) exploited along Karnataka coast. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (4). pp. 61-65.
- Rohit, Prathibha, Rajesh, K M, SampathKumar, G and Sahib, Karamathulla (2015) Food and feeding of the ribbonfish Trichiuruslepturus Linnaeus off Karnataka, south-west coast of India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 62 (1). pp. 58-63. Rohit, Prathibha and Rajesh, K M and SampathKumar, G and Sahib, Karamathulla (2015) Food and feeding of the ribbonfish Trichiuruslepturus Linnaeus off Karnataka, south-west coast of India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 62 (1). pp. 58-63.
- Abdussamad, E M,Rohit, Prathibha, Koya, K P Said , Mohamed, O M M J Habeeb and Jayabalan, K (2013)Carangids (Family: Carangidae) in the seas around Indian subcontinent with description of macro-taxonomic characters for the field identification of genera and species. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (2). pp. 21-36.