Dr.Vipinkumar.V.PTel: +91 484 2336771; Cell:
- Fisheries Extension Management
- Gender Mainstreaming
- Self Help Group Dynamics
After masters in Agricultural Extension (1994) and PhD in Extension Management from IARI, New Delhi, (1998), I am working in CMFRI in Socio Economic Evaluation & Technology Transfer Division on Extension Research. As per the national and international recognitions attained, I focused on the research on SHGs in marine fisheries sector. My project on coastal indebtedness and impact of Microfinance focused on interactive multi-media cyber extension packages as ICT modules. The ‘Commented Paper’ award in Asian Fisheries Forum brought to focus gender mainstreaming and women empowerment. I am also getting established as a behavioural trainer in Leadership and Personal Effectiveness.
- PhD (Agricultural Extension): 1998 Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi
- MSc (Agricultural Extension Management): 1994 Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur
- PGDPR & J: 1996 Post Graduate Diplomas in Public Relations & Journalism, SCMS, Kochi.
- BSc (Agriculture): 1990, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur.
|1||Capacity Development for Ecosystem Based Responsible Fisheries Management in India - A Co-Learning action research||
|2||Supply chain management of marine fisheries sector In India||
|3||Sustainable molluscan mariculture practices||
|4||Development of Fishery Management Plans for sustaining Marine Fisheries of Maharashtra||
|5||Tribal Sub Plan Project||
|6||Gender Mainstreaming and Impact of Self Help Groups in Marine Fisheries Sector||
- ‘IARI Gold Medal’ for outstanding academic performance and meritorious PhD thesis (1999). IARI, New Delhi.
- ‘Young Scientist Award’ of Indian Society of Extension Education (ISEE) (2005),
- ‘Best Paper Award’ of Indian Society of Extension Education (ISEE) twice in 2005 and 2006.
- ‘Commended Paper Award’ of Asian Fisheries Society, Philippines in the international seminar ‘8th Asian Fisheries Forum’ (2007)
- ‘Best Paper Award’ in International seminar on Ecosystem conservation, Climate change and Sustainable development (ECOCASD-2013)
(1) Vipinkumar,V.P, Sahoo,P.K, Srinath, Krishna, Ambrose,T.V and Jiban Dash,S.S. 2013. Gender perspectives and dynamics of bivalve farming Self Help Groups. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (3). pp. 59-66.
(2) Vipinkumar,V.P, Shyam,S.Salim, Narayanakumar,R, Sathiadhas,R, Madan,M.S, Ramachandran,C, Swathilekshmi,P.S and Johnson,B. 2013. Coastal Rural Indebtedness and Impact of Microfinance in Marine Fisheries Sector. Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi, e book, 138pp.
(3) Vipinkumar,V.P, Shyam,S.Salim. 2013. Role of microfinance on coastal indebtedness in marine fisheries sector of Maharashtra, India. Fishery Technology, 50 (3). pp. 251-257
(4) Vipinkumar,V.P, Sathiadhas,R and De,H.K. 2009. Impact of institutional dissemination of technologies and extension services on marine fisheries and mariculture to stakeholders. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 51 (1). pp. 93-97.
(5) Vipinkumar, V P and Singh, Baldeo .2002. Dimensions of Self Help Group Dynamics of Horticulture Farmers. Indian Research Journal of Extension Education, 2 (1). pp. 6-12.
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=eahZQrcAAAAJ&hl=en