Dr.Veerendra Veer SinghTel: ; Cell:
- Fishery Environment Management
- Remote sensing & GIS
- Climate Change Adaptation, PFZ forecasting and validation.
I completed masters in zoology in 1978 and was selected in ARS in 1986. I got PhD in life-science (zoology) in 1989. I am working in CMFRI since 1986 on Fishery environment, oceanography, remote sensing, GIS, Coastal Zone Management, Fishery diversity & forecasting and coastal consultancy. I am currently Scientist-in-Charge of Mumbai R.C. of CMFRI. I have worked on identification of potential mariculture sites along the Indian coast and I also contributed towards fishery related courses of NCERT, CIFE (Deemed University), IGNOU. I have conducted number of outreach activities for stakeholder, fishers and farmers including workshops, seminars, brainstorming sessions, demonstrations and participatory research.
- PhD 1989 Life-Science (Zoology), Barkatullah University, Bhopal
- MSc 1978 Zoology (Fish & Fisheries), Agra University, Agra
- BSc 1976 Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Agra University, Agra
|1||Development of fishery management plans for sustaining marine fisheries of Maharashtra||CMFRI|
|2||Ecosystem process of critical marine habitats and development of protocols for restoration||CMFRI|
|3||Pollution and litter in the coastal and marine ecosystem and their impact||CMFRI|
|4||State of diversity of commercially important seaweeds along the West Coast of India||ICAR-NFBSFARA|
|5.||Strategies to enhance adaptive capacity to climate change in vulnerable regions||-World Bank-GEF, NAIP-GEF|
- Awarded NAIP-ICAR Certificate of Appreciation for demonstration of public-private partnership with development of mobile application m-KRISHI® for potential fishing zone and wind direction advisories under GEF-SLEM-NAIP Sub-project” Strategies to enhance adaptive capacity to climate change in vulnerable regions”
- Received recognition of being distinguished member of the Academic Council of the Banaras Hindu University for 3 years from 2009 to 2011.
- Received recognition of being the group leader for India-Sri Lanka and Bangladesh during ICZM 1994 at CORIN-Hat-Yai, Thailand