Dr.T.M. NajmudeenTel: +91 484 2394867 ; Cell:
- Demersal Fisheries of India
- Fishery Biology and stock assessment
- Climate Impact on Marine Fisheries
After taking masters in marine biology in 1995 and PhD in Fish and Fisheries in 2001, I have done my post-doctoral research at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, KSA and Cochin University of Science and Technology, India. I am working in CMFRI since 2008 on Fishery Resource Assessment and Demersal Fishery Biology. I am currently at Demersal Fisheries Division working on fishery biology and stock assessment studies. I also have worked on abalone reproductive biology and contributed towards the achievement of seed production of the tropical abalone for the first time in the country.
- PhD 2001 Central Institute of Fisheries Education, ICAR
- MSc 1995 Marine Biology, Cochin University of Science and Technology
- B.Sc. Zoology University of Calicut
|1||Development of Fishery Management Plans for sustaining Marine Fisheries of Kerala and Lakshadweep||CMFRI|
|2||Assessment of the elasmobranch resources in the Indian seas||CMFRI|
|3||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management||CMFRI|
|4||National Initiative in climate resilient agriculture (NICRA)||ICAR|
|5||Resource assessment and barcoding of Elasmobranchs||MoES|
- Sub-Editor, Indian Journal of Fisheries
- Member, Vessel Management Cell, CMFRI
1. Najmudeen, T M and Sathiadhas, R (2008) Economic impact of juvenile fishing in a tropical multi-gear multi-species fishery. Fisheries Research, 92 (2-3). pp. 322-332.
2. Najmudeen, T M and Victor, A C C (2004) Seed production and juvenile rearing of the tropical abalone Haliotis varia Linnaeus 1758. Aquaculture, 234 (1-4). pp. 277-292.
3. Najmudeen, T M (2007) Variation in biochemical composition during gonad maturation of the tropical abalone Haliotis varia Linnaeus 1758 (Vetigastropoda: Haliotidae). Marine Biology Research, 3 . pp. 454-461.
4. Najmudeen, T M (2007) Gonad maturation of the tropical abalone Haliotis varia Linnaeus 1758 (Vetigastropoda: Haliotidae). Molluscan Research, 27 (3). pp. 140-146.
5. Sathiadhas, R and Najmudeen, T M (2010) Aquaculture Economics, Marketing and Extension. Coastal Fisheries and Aquaculture Management, 1. pp. 77-151.