Dr.T. V. SathianandanTel: +91 484 2394867; Cell:
- Statistical Modeling
- Fish stock assessment
- Time series modeling and forecasting
I completed masters degree Agricultural Statistics in 1984 and worked in Kerala Agricultrual University and National Research Centre for Cashew in different capacities. I joined Agricultural Research Service under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research in 1989 as Scientist and from 1990 onwards I am working as Scientist in CMFRI. I took Ph.D. in Statistics in 2002 from University of Calicut. Currently I am heading the Fishery Resources Assessment Division of CMFRI. I have worked on time series modeling and forecasting, management of database on marine fish landings, development of computer software, fish stock assessment, design and management of the national level sample survey for estimation of resource wise, gear wise and fishing zone wise marine fish landings and simulation modeling.
- Ph.D. 2002 University of Calicut
- M.Sc. 1984 Agricultural Statistics, Kerala Agricultural University
- B.Sc. 1981 Mathematics, University of Calicut
|1||GIS based management advisory support information system for the marine fisheries sector. Time Involved||CMFRI|
|2||Remote sensing assisted biodynamic forecasting paradigm for Indian marine fishery resources||CMFRI|
|3||Supply chain management of marine fisheries sector In India||CMFRI|
|4||Global learning for local solutions: Reducing vulnerability of marine–dependent coastal communities (GULLS)||Belmont Forum|
|5||Towards developing models for prediction of recruitment success in major Indian marine fish stocks||MoES/CMLRE|
- Member of the committee constituted by Government of Kerala to study and report the impact of fishing ban on the fishery in Kerala
- Member of the subcommittee constituted by Govt. of India to revalidate the potential yield and fleet size for the Indian EEZ
1. Sathianandan. T.V. (2007) Vector time series modeling of marine fish landings in Kerala. Journal of Marine Biological Association of India, 49(2): 197-205.
2. Sathianandan, T.V. and J. Jayasankar. 2009. Managing fishery in Kerala through simulation using Surplus production model, Genetic Algorithm and Spectral Methods Indian Journal of Fisheries, 56(3): 163-168
3. Sathianandan, T. V., J. Jayasankar, Somy Kuriakose, K.G. Mini and Wilson T. Mathew (2011)Indian marine fishery resources: optimistic present, challenging future. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 58 (4): 1-15.
4. Sathianandan, T.V., K.S. Mohamed and E. Vivekanandan (2012)Species diversity in fished taxa along southeast coast of India and the effect of the Asian Tsunami of 2004. Marine Biodiversity 42 (3): 179-187
5. Mohamed, K.S., Sathianandan, T.V., Kripa, V. and Zacharia, P.U. (2013) Puffer fish menace in Kerala: a case of decline in predatory control in the southeastern Arabian Sea. Current Science, 104 (4): 426-429.