Dr.Swathi lekshmi P.S.Tel: +91 824 2424152; Cell:
- Socio-economic status of marine fisher folk
- Economics of operation of fishing crafts and Gears
- Development communication for fisher folk for reducing vulnerability of coastal communities in the context of climate change
Undertook Masters in Agricultural Extension (1995) and PhD in Agricultural Extension (2004) from Tamil nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, Tamil nadu. I am working in CMFRI since 1997 in the division of Fisheries Extension and Economics. I have worked in the areas of livelihood analysis of fisher folk, Participatory extension methods in Marine Fisheries, Indigenous Technical Knowledge of marine fishermen, Coastal rural Indebtedness and Impact of Microfinance in Marine fisheries Sector and socio-psychological studies of fisher folk with respect to climate change.
- PhD 2004 Tamil nadu Agricultural University
- MSc 1995 Tamil nadu Agricultural University
- BSc 1993 Kerala Agricultural University
|1||Economics of marine fisheries and sustainable management: Policy Issues and Interventions||CMFRI|
|2||Development of Fishery Management Plans (FMPs) for sustaining marine fisheries of Karnataka and Goa||CMFRI|
|3||Capacity Development for Ecosystem Based Responsible Fisheries Management in India-A Co-Learning action research||CMFRI|
|4||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)||ICAR -Network|
|5||Global learning for local solution: Reducing vulnerability of marine dependent coastal communities||(Belmont Forum through MoES)|
- 2004 Jawaharlal Nehru National Award for outstanding PhD thesis in social sciences from ICAR
1.SwathiLekshmi P.S, Ramachandran, C. Narayanakumar,R and Koya,Mohammed Sreenath,K.R, Dash, Gyanaranjan Swatipriyanka Sen Mojjada, Suresh Kumar Sangeetha, B Makwana Nayan, P and Rao, G Syda (2013) Post-frontline demonstration impact analysis of open sea cage culture among Sidi tribes in Gujarat. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (3). pp. 35-40.
2.SwathiLekshmi,P.S Sasikumar,Geetha Kemparaju,S Saravananraju and Sampath Kumar, G (2013) Agarala: A traditional fishing boat of Karnataka. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 12 (1). pp. 166-168.
3.Dineshbabu,A.P Thomas,Sujitha SwathiLekshmi,P.S and Sasikumar,Geetha (2012) Adoption of sustainable capture based aquaculture practices by traditional fishermen of Karnataka. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (1). pp. 49-52.
4. Swathi Lekshmi, P S and Balasubramani, N and Chandrakandan, K (2011) Diffusion of scientific shrimp farming through various stages of the adoption period. Tropical Agricultural Research & Extension, 14 (4). pp. 93-98.
5. Swathi Lekshmi, P S and Dineshbabu, A P (2009) Indigenous Technical Knowledge and ancient proverbs of the coastal fisher folk of Kerala and their implications. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 8 (2). pp. 296-297
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=eahZQrcAAAAJ&hl=en
- Research Gate - https://www.researchgate.net