Dr.S.JasmineTel: +91 471 2312545; Cell: +91 9497852009
- Diversity studies of Hard corals
- Diversity studies of reef fishes, Zooplankton
Joined CMFRI in 1986 after finishing my masters in Industrial fisheries in 1985. Started career in Fisheries e Environment and Management Division in Vizhinjam Research Centre of CMFI. In 2005, joined in Marine Biodiversity Division . Initiated my work in Hard coral taxonomy and zooplankton and still continuing the same work. I have also associated with fishery biology , studied Tuna resources and currently working on Large pelagic resources along southern coast. Took Ph. D in 2011 on Copepod taxonomy and culture aspects. I have interest in hard coral taxonomy studies.
- PhD 2011 M.S.University , Thirunelveli
- MSc 1985 Industrial fisheries ,Cochin University of Science & Technology
- BSc 1981 Zoology, University of Kerala
|1||Investigations on vulnerable coral reef ecosystems of Indian waters with special emphasis on formulation of management measures for conservation||CMFRI|
|2||Bioinventorying and biodiversity valuation of marine organisms in selected marine ecosystems along the Indian coast||CMFRI|
|3||Assessment of the fishing impacts on biodiversity loss, with special reference to the threatened species, to formulate management options for their protection||CMFRI|
|4||Development of strategies to sustain the stock and fishery of large pelagics in Indian waters||CMFRI|
|5||Eco-biological Investigations on major pelagic fishes and ecological modeling of the epipelagic habitat off Kerala and Lakshadweep.||INCOIS|
1. Jasmine, S and George, Rani Mary and Manisseri, Mary K and Kingsly, H Jose (2009) Hard coral diversity along southwest coast of India. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 51 (2). pp. 189-193.
2. Jasmine, S and George, Rani Mary and Manisseri, Mary K (2011) à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤µà¤¾à¤²à¤à¤¾à¤¡à¤¿à¤¯à¥‹à¤‚à¤ªà¤°à¤…à¤§à¥à¤¯à¤¯à¤¨. à¤œà¥ˆà¤µà¤µà¤¿à¤µà¤¿à¤§à¤¤à¤¾ – à¤µà¤¿à¤¶à¥‡à¤· à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤•à¤¾à¤¶à¤¨ , 106 . pp. 38-41.
3. Pillai, C S G and Jasmine, S (1995) Scleractinian corals of the erstwhile Travancore Coast (Southwest of India). Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 37 (1&2). pp. 109-125.
4. Pillai, C S G and Jasmine, S (1989) The coral fauna of Lakshadweep. CMFRI Bulletin Marine living resources of the union territory of Lakshadweep An Indicative Survey With Suggestions For Development, 43 . pp. 179-195.
5. Jasmine, S and Rohit, Prathibha and Abdussamad, E M and Koya, K P Said and Joshi, K K and Kemparaju, S andPrakasan, D and Elayathu, M N K and Sebastine, Manju (2013) Biology and fishery of the bullet tuna, Auxis rochei (Risso, 1810) in Indian waters. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (2). pp. 13-20.