Shri.R.SaravananTel: +91 4573 241 433; Cell:
- Biodiversity of Echinoderm(seastars, Seaurchin), Scyphozoan medusae dynamics
- Finfish diversity, Intertidal seaweeds and seagrass diversity
- Elasmobranch diversity
After taking masters in Fisheries science in 1998, worked in various segments of fisheries viz., seafood processing, Research and Extension activities at NETFISH(MPEDA),MSSRF, FC&RI,and teaching fisheries science in secondary schools in Maldives till I join CMFRI in 2009. Currently, I am working on biodiversity of fin fishes, echinoderms, Intertidal seaweed and seagrass ecology and scyphozoan medusae.
- Pursuing Phd on sea urchin biology at Fisheries College and Research Institute, Tamil nadu Fisheries University
- MFSc 1998 Master of Fisheries Science, Fisheries College and Research Institute, Tamil nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
- BFSc 1995 Bachelor of Fisheries Science, Fisheries College and Research Institute, Tamil nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
|1||Assessment Of Elasmobranch Resources In The Indian Seas||CMFRI|
|2||Assessment of fishing impacts on biodiversity loss, with special reference to the threatened species, to formulate management options for their protection||CMFRI|
|3||Development of Fishery Management Plans for sustaining Marine Fisheries of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry||CMFRI|
|4||Investigations on vulnerable coral reef ecosystems of Indian waters with special emphasis on formulation of management measures for conservation||CMFRI|
|5||Bioinventorying and biodiversity valuation of marine organisms in selected marine ecosystems along the Indian coast||CMFRI|
- ICAR JRF for MFSc – 1995
- Member of the Marine Biological Association of India, Kochi
1. Saravanan, Raju and Ramamoorthy, N and George, Rani Mary (2014) à¤¸à¤®à¥à¤¦à¥à¤°à¥€à¤ªà¤°à¥à¤¯à¤¾à¤µà¤°à¤£à¤¤à¤‚à¤¤à¥à¤°à¤•à¤¾à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤•à¤¾à¤°à¥à¤¯à¤”à¤°à¤¸à¤®à¥à¤¦à¥à¤°à¥€à¤œà¥ˆà¤µà¤µà¤¿à¤µà¤¿à¤§à¤¤à¤¾. à¤µà¤¿à¤¶à¥‡à¤· à¤ªà¥à¤°à¤•à¤¾à¤¶à¤¨ à¤¸à¤‚. 115 à¤œà¤²à¥€à¤¯ à¤ªà¤¾à¤°à¤¿à¤¤à¤‚à¤¤à¥à¤° à¤•à¤¾ à¤Ÿà¤¿à¤•à¤¾à¤Šà¤ªà¤¨ (115). pp. 159-160.
2. Sulochanan, Bindu and Dineshbabu, A P and Saravanan, Raju and Bhat, G S and Lavanya, S (2014) Occurrence of Noctiluca scintillans bloom off Mangalore in the Arabian Sea. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 61 (1). pp. 42-48.
3. Swathi Lekshmi, P S and Sasikumar, Geetha and Kemparaju, S and Saravanan, Raju and SampathKumar, G (2013) Agarala: A traditional fishing boat of Karnataka. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge, 12 (1). pp. 166-168.
4. Saravanan, Raju and Ramamoorthy, N and Ranjith, L (2013) Four species of jellyfishes recorded from Palk Bay and Gulf of Mannar. Marine Fisheries Information Service; Technical & Extension Series (216). p. 12.
5. Chidhambaram, P and Athithan, S and Saravanan, Raju and Vasantharajan, M (2013) Haematological studies on aquacultured shrimp species from Tamil Nadu, India. Aquaculture, 14 (1 & 2). pp. 57-64.