Dr.Rengarajan JayakumarTel: +91 4573 241175; Cell:
- Finfish Breeding and seed production
- Fish Health Management
Completed my post graduation in Zoology in 1988 and PhD in Shrimp Health Management in 1997. Worked in private firms engaged in shrimp farming, hatchery and processing in various capacities from 1993–1998. Served in the Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GoI from 2001 to 2011 as Assistant Director (Aquaculture). Also served in the National Fisheries Development Board, Hyderabad on deputation as Senior Executive (Technical) from 2007 to 2011. Later joined in the CMFRI as Senior Scientist (Aquaculture) in 2011. Currently involved in broodstock development, breeding, seed production and farming of high value marine finfishes viz., cobia, silver pompano, snappers and ornamental fishes.
- PhD 1997, University of Madras
- MSc 1988,Bharathidasan University
- BSc 1986, Bharathidasan University
|1||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|2||Innovations in cage farming and coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|3||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)||ICAR|
|4||Seed production in Agricultural Crops and Fisheries||ICAR|
2001: Post Doctoral Fellowship, MCD Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA.
2001: Higher Educational Research fellowship (British Council), U.K.
2000: Post Doctoral Research Fellowship (DBT), INDIA.
1992: CSIR Senior Research Fellowship, INDIA.
1991: State Level Lectureship, Tamil Nadu (SLST).
1988: Bharathidasan University First Rank in M.Sc.
1988: Indian Medical Association Award.
1988: Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Award.
1. asingh, M. and Rao, G Syda. (2012) Broodstock development through regulation of photoperiod and controlled breeding of silver pompano, Trachinotus blochii (Lacepede, 1801) in India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (1). pp. 53-57.
2. Nazar, A K A., Jayakumar, R., Tamilmani, G., Sakthivel, M., Kalidas, C., Ramesh Kumar, P., Anbarasu, M., Sirajudeen, S., Balamurugan, V., Jayasingh, M. and Gopakumar, G. (2012) Larviculture and seed production of the silver pompano, Trachinotus blochii (Lacepede, 1801) for the first time in India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3). pp. 83-87.
3. Kalidas, C., Sakthivel, M., Tamilmani, G., Ramesh Kumar, P., Nazar, A K A., Jayakumar, R., Balamurugan, Ramkumar, Jothi Prem and Gopakumar, G. (2012) Survival and growth of juvenile silver pompano Trachinotus blochii (Lacepède, 1801) at different salinities in tropical conditions. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3). pp. 95-98.
4. Vaseeharan, B., Jayakumar, R. and Ramasamy, P. (2003) PCR based detection of White Spot Syndrome Virus in cultured and captured Crustaceans in India. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 37: 443 – 447.
5. Ramasamy, P., Jayakumar, R. and G.P. Brennan. (2000). Muscle degeneration associated cotton shrimp disease of Penaeus indicus, Journal of Fish Diseases, 23: 77-81.