Dr.R. JeyabaskaranTel: +91 484 2394867 ; Cell:
- Studies on the role of top predators in marine ecosystem
- Marine Protected Area
- Monitoring Fishery Environment
After awarding Ph.D in Marine Biology, I continued my research in the field of coral reef monitoring and coral taxonomical studies in National Institute of Oceanography and then in Zoological Survey of India. I have made extensive surveys in the major coral reefs in India i.e. Gulf of Mannar, Gulf of Kachchh, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands. I am working in CMFRI since 2009 and participated in many cruises including Southern Ocean (Antarctic) Expedition for marine mammals and seabirds research. My research interest is on Marine Protected Area Monitoring & Ecological Indicators studies.
- PhD 1997Annamalai University
- MSc 1991 Zoology, Madurai KamarajUniversity
- BSc 1989 Zoology, Madurai Kamaraj University
|1||Ecosystem process of critical marine habitats and development of protocols for restoration- Co PI||CMFRI|
|2||Pollution and litter in the coastal and marine ecosystem and their impact- CoPI||CMFRI|
|3||Eco-biological investigations on major pelagic fishes and ecological modeling of the epipelagic habitat off Kerala and Lakshadweep- Co PI||MoES|
|4||Living resources of the Gulf of Mannar: Assessment of key species and habitats for enhancing awareness and for conservation policy formulation- PI||IUCN-MFF|
- Best Research Paper Award- 1997
- Edwin Pauley Fellowship, Hawaii, USA- 2003
- ISRS & LOCAP Travel Award- 2000 & 2004
- ITMEMS Fellowship- 2006 funded by ICRAN-UNEP, nominated by MoEn&F, India
- Member- IUCN World Commission on Marine Protected Areas
1. Jeyabaskaran, R and Rao, D V (2007) Impact of the December 24, 2004 Tsunami on coral reefs of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. Reef Encounter, 34 . pp. 25-30.
2. Jeyabaskaran, R (2009) New records of corals from Lakshadweep Islands. Records of Zoological Survey of India, 109 (1). pp. 53-64.
3. Jeyabaskaran, R and Sijo Paul, and Vivekanandan, E and Yousuf, K S S M (2011) First record of pygmy killer whale Feresa attenuata Gray, 1874 from India with a review of their occurrence in the World Oceans. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 53 (2). pp. 208-217.
4. Jeyabaskaran, R and Khan, S Ajmal and Ramaiyan, V (2000) Book: Brachyuran crabs of Gulf of Mannar. Annamalai University, Parangipettai; Tamil Nadu. Pp. 114.
5. Vivekanandan, E and Jeyabaskaran, R (2012) Book: Marine Mammal Species of India. Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi. Pp. 224.
- Google Scholar – http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=o1cfanoAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
- ResearchGate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/R_Jeyabaskaran?ev=hdr_xprf