Dr.P.P.ManojkumarTel: +91 495 2382033; Cell:
- Demersal fisheries
- Fishery Biology, fish stock assessment
- Fisheries management
Took masters degree in Fisheries Management in 1988 and PhD in 2004. Joined Integrated Fisheries Project, Cochin in 1989 and worked on deep sea fisheries. Joined CMFRI in 1992 and working on demersal fisheries. I have worked on fishery, biology and stock assessment of demersal fishery resources. I have contributed to stock assessment, estimation of biological reference points, maturation and spawning and trophodynamics of a number of demersal fin fishes exploited from Indian waters. I am also working on cage farming of fin fishes in cages in less saline waters.
- PhD 2004 University of Calicut
- MSc 1988 Fisheries Management , University of Bombay
- BSc 1985 Zoology, University of Calicut
|1||Development of fishery management plans for sustaining marine fisheries of Kerala and Lakshadweep||CMFRI|
|2||Assessment of Elasmobranch Resources In The Indian Seas||CMFRI|
|3||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian coast||CMFRI|
|4||Innovations in Sea cage farming & Coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|5||Resources assessment and barcoding of elasmobranchs||MoEF|
- Member of Marine Biological Association of India
- Member of Society of Fisheries Technologists of India
1. Manojkumar, P P and Zacharia, P U and Pavithran, P P. (2012) Fishery of elasmobranchs with some observations on the biology and stock assessment of Carcharhinus limbatus (P. Muller & Henle, 1839) exploited along Malabar coast. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (4). pp. 35-41.
2. Manojkumar, P P (2011) Fishery of sciaenids with some observations on the biology and stock assessment of Johnieops sina (Cuvier, 1830) exploited along the Malabar coast. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 53 (1). pp. 68-74.
3. Afsal, V V and Manojkumar, P P and Yousuf, K S S M and Anoop, B and Vivekanandan, E (2009) The first sighting of Longman’s beaked whale, Indopacetus pacificus in the southern Bay of Bengal. Marine Biodiversity Records, 2 (133). pp. 1-3.
4. Manojkumar, P P (2008). Observations on the food of Nemipterus mesoprion (Bleeker, 1853) from Malabar coast. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 50 (1). pp. 52-56.
5. Raje, S G and Sivakami, S and Mohanraj, G and Manojkumar, P P and Raju, A and Joshi, K K (2007) An atlas on the Elasmobranch fishery resources of India. CMFRI Special Publication , 95 . pp. 1-253.
- Google Scholar -
- ResearchGate -