Dr.M.SivadasTel: +91 4612320274; Cell:
- Pelagic fisheries
- Biology and Stock assessment of fishes
I have worked at Mandapam, Calicut, Minicoy and presently at Tuticorin since my joining at Madras R.C in 1982. I have studied the fishery, biology and stock status of mackerel, tuna, seer fishes, carangids, sardines, ribbon fishes, whitebaits, and bill fishes exploited from both the coasts of India. I had also worked Minicoy, Lakshadweep for 9 years on the tuna pole and line and troll fisheries. I had achieved initial success in the rearing and breeding in captivity of the livebait, Chromis caelureus. My Ph.D was on ‘Fishery, biology and population dynamics of skipjack tuna, Katsuwonus pelamis from Minicoy, Lakshadweep’.
- PhD 2008 Zoology , Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli
- MSc 1980 Marine Biology, Cochin University
- BSc 1978 Zoology, University of Calicut
|1||Development of fishery management plans for sustaining marine fisheries of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry||CMFRI|
|2||Development of strategies to sustain the stock and fishery of large pelagics in Indian waters||CMFRI|
|3||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shell fishes off Indian coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management||CMFRI|
|4||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture -Marine Fisheries||ICAR|
1. Sivadas, M and Abdussamad, E M and Jasmine, S and Rohit, Prathibha and Koya, K P Said and Ghosh, Shubhadeep andJoshi, K K and Dhokia, H K and Prakasan, D and Bineesh, K K (2012) Assessment of the fishery and stock of striped bonito, Sarda orientalis (Temminck and Schlegel, 1844) along Kerala coast with a general description of its fishery from Indian coast. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (2). pp. 57-6
2. Sivadas, M and Bhaskaran, M M (2009) Stomach content analysis of the Indian mackerel Rastrelliger kanagurta (Cuvier) from Calicut, Kerala. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 56 (2). pp. 143-146.
3. Sivadas, M and Wesley, S Godwin (2007) Feeding habits of skipjack tuna, Katsuwonus pelamis associated with flotsam in Minicoy, Lakshadweep. Journal of Ecobiology, 21 (1). pp. 57-62.
4. Sivadas, M and Wesley, S Godwin (2006) Community based local management of fisheries - a paradigm from Minicoy, Lakshadweep, lndia. Ecology, Environment and Conservation, 12 (4). pp. 705-706.
5. Sivadas, M and Koya, K P Said and Pillai, N G K (2003) Stock assessment of skipjack tuna, Katsuwonus pelamis from Minicoy, Lakshadweep. In: Proceedings of the Tuna Meet, 26-27 September 2003, Kochi.