Dr.Loveson L. EdwardTel: ; Cell:
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aquatic ecosystem health monitoring and hydrobiology
- Artificial reefs for marine fisheries management
- Finfish breeding and seed production
After taking Bachelors degree (B.F.Sc) in Fisheries science in 2004 from Fisheries College and Research Institute (TANUVAS), Thoothukudi and Masters (M.F.Sc) in 2006 with specialization in Aquaculture from CIFE, Mumbai, I worked for short span of time in shrimp farming industry. I have joined ICAR in 2009 and working in CMFRI since 2010 on Fisheries Environment Management and Mariculture. I have worked on Aquatic ecosystem monitoring, Hydrobiology, Artificial Reefs and Seed production of marine finfishes . As a team member involved in successful broodstock development, induced breeding and seed production of Grouper (Epinephelus coioides) and Indian Pompano (Trachinotus mookalee) for the first time in India. I have interests in bioremediation and Artificial reefs for marine fisheries management.
- MFSc 2006 Aquaculture, CIFE, Mumbai
- BFSc 2004 Fisheries Science, TANUVAS, Chennai
|1||Pollution and litter in the coastal and marine ecosystem and their impact||CMFRI|
|2||Ecosystem process of critical marine habitats and development of protocols for restoration.||CMFRI|
|3||Development of Fisheries Management Plans (FMPs) for Sustaining marine fisheries of Andhra Pradesh||CMFRI|
|4||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|5||Consultancy Project “Installation of artificial reef at a selected site off Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh”||NTPC, Dept of Fisheries, AP|
- 2004 -2006 Awarded institutional fellowship for pursuing MFSc from ICAR
1. Ranjan, R., Xavier, B., Dash, B., Edward, L. L., Maheswarudu, G., and Rao, G. S. (2014) Domestication and brood stock development of the orange spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides (Hamilton, 1822) in open sea cage off Visakhapatnam coast. Indian J. Fisheries, 61 (1): 21-25.
2. Ghosh, S., Rao, M. V. H., Ranjan R., Xavier, B., Edward, L. L., Menon, M., Behera P. R. and Naik N. R. 2014. Bioremediation, A novel tool for environmental friendly shrimp aquaculture. In: Gupta S. K and Bharti P. K. (Eds) Aquaculture and Fisheries environment. Discovery publication house, New Delhi. 140-163, pp.
3. Das, M., Dash, B. and Edward, L. L. 2014. Plankton dynamics in freshwater fish ponds in India. In: Gupta S. K and Bharti P. K. (Eds) Aquaculture and Fisheries environment. Discovery publication house, New Delhi, 130 p.
4. Ranjan, R., Xavier, B., Dash, B., Edward, L. L., Suresh, R. D. and Kumar, P. S. (2013) Efficacy of 17 ?-methyl testosterone and letrozole on sex reversal of protogynous grouper, Epinephelus tauvina (Forskal, 1775) and spawning performance of sex-reversed males. Aquaculture Research. doi: 10.1111/are.12360.
5. Behera, P. R., Ranjith, L., Edward L. L., Muktha, M and Ghosh, S (2013) First record of the Indian golden-barred butterflyfish, Roa jayakari (Norman, 1939) (Family: Chaetodontidae) from the east coast of India. Indian. J. Geomarine. Science. (Accepted in press)
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=e0TZMqsAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
- ResearchGate - http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Loveson_Edward2
- Linkedin - http://in.linkedin.com/pub/loveson-edward/62/147/1a1