Dr.K.Sunil MohamedTel: +91 484 2394794; Cell:
- Cephalopod fisheries
- Bivalve mariculture
- Trophic modelling and fisheries management
After taking masters in marine biology in 1981 and PhD in crustacean physiology in 1990 I am working in CMFRI since 1986 on molluscan fisheries and mariculture. I currently head the division of molluscan fisheries in CMFRI. I have worked on understanding Indian cephalopod biology and population dynamics. In mollusc mariculture, I have contributed to the growth of commercial bivalve mariculture in the country. I have interests in marine ecological modelling particularly its application to fisheries management.
- PhD 1990 Cochin University of Science & Technology
- MSc 1981 Marine Biology, Annamalai University
- BSc 1978 Zoology, University of Kerala
|1||Sustainable molluscan mariculture practices||CMFRI|
|2||Development of Fishery Management Plans (FMPs) for the bivalve fisheries of India||CMFRI|
|3||Commercial viability of black pearl production in the A&N Islands and Conservation mariculture of ETP gastropods||MoES|
|4||Towards developing models for prediction of recruitment success in major Indian marine fish stocks||MoES|
- 1991 Jawaharlal Nehru Award for best PhD thesis from ICAR
- 2011 TVR Pillay Aquaculture Award for outstanding aquaculture research and extension
- Secretary, Marine Biological Association of India, Kochi
- Member of the Technical Advisory Board of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), London
- Mohamed, K S and Venkatesan, V and Kripa, V and Prema, D and Joseph, Mathew and Alloycious, P S and Jenni, B and Valsala, K K and Saji Kumar, K K and Ragesh, N and Bose, John and Mohan, Anjana (2013) Fishery Management Plan for Ashtamudi Lake Clam Resources à´…à´·àµà´Ÿà´®àµà´Ÿà´¿à´•àµà´•à´¾à´¯à´²à´¿à´²àµ† à´•à´•àµà´• à´¸à´®àµà´ªà´¤àµà´¤àµ à´’à´°àµ à´ªà´°à´¿à´ªà´¾à´²à´¨ à´ªà´¦àµà´§à´¤à´¿. CMFRI Special Publication (114). pp. 1-48.
- Mohamed, K S and Sathianandan, T V and Kripa, V and Zacharia, P U (2013) Puffer fish menace in Kerala: a case of decline in predatory control in the southeastern Arabian Sea. Current Science, 104 (4). pp. 426-429.
- Mohamed, K S and Joseph, Mathew and Alloycious, P S and Sasikumar, Geetha and Laxmilatha, P and Asokan, P K and Kripa, V and Venkatesan, V and Thomas, Sujitha and Sundaram, Sujit and Rao, G Syda (2009) Quantitative and qualitative assessment of exploitation of juvenile cephalopods from the Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal and determination of minimum legal sizes. Journal of Marine Biological Association of India, 51 (1). pp. 98-106.
- Kripa, V and Mohamed, K S (2008) Green Mussel, Perna viridis, Farming in Kerala, India – Technology Diffusion Process and Socioeconomic Impacts. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society, 39 (5). pp. 612-624.
- Mohamed, K S (1996) Estimates of growth, mortality and stock of the Indian squid Loligo duvauceli orbigny, exploited off Mangalore Southwest coast of India. Bulletin of Marine Science, 58 (2). pp. 393-403.
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=eahZQrcAAAAJ&hl=en
- ResearchGate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kolliyil_Mohamed/publications