Dr.K.N.SaleelaTel: 04712480224; Cell: +918714249466
- Crustacean fisheries
After post graduation in Industrial Fisheries in 1989, I joined CMFRI in 1992. I have worked on the fishery, biology and population dynamics of prawns, crabs, lobsters and prawn seed resources. I have contributed for the successful launching and large scale production of spiny lobster, Panulirus homarus in marine floating cage for the first time in India. I have also contributed towards the potential of spiny and sand lobsters in aquariculture as an alternative livelihood option for fisher men/ entrepreneurs. I have interest in developing technology for mass scale seed production and rearing of spiny lobsters .
- Submitted my PhD thesis in nuitritional studies on spiny lobster in 2013
- MSc 1989 Industrial Fisheries, Cochin University of Science &Technology, Kerala.
- BSc 1988 Botany, Vimala College , Thrissur, Calicut University, Kerala
|1||Development of Fishery Management Plans for Sustaining Marine Fisheries of Kerala and Lakshwadeep||CMFRI|
|2||Development of Fishery Management Plans for Sustaining Marine Fisheries of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry||CMFRI|
|3||GIS based Resource Mapping of Distribution and Abundance of finfishes and shell fishes off Indian coast for suggesting Operational based Strategies for Fisheries Management||CMFRI|
1. Saleela, K N , Unnikrishnan C and Raju.B (2011) Lobsters as a cultivable species for marine aquaria. CMFRI Course Manual on Advanced techniques in marine ornamental fish keeping and breeding pp. 124-128.
2. Mohamed Kasim, H, Saleela.K.N and Dhana Raju .K (1999) . Present status of exploitation of shrimp resource along the east coast of India with special reference to Kakinada coast. FSI special Publication on Conservation and management of shrimp resources of the east coast of India pp .42-56.
3. Neelakanta Pillai,Suseelan.C,Rajan. K.N,Sampson Manikkam.P.E,Manmadan Nair.K.R and Saleela.K.N (1993) Hand book on hatchery production of shrimp seeds.
4. Syda Rao.G, Rani Mary George, Anil.M.K, Saleela.K.N, Jasmine .S, Hanumantha Rao.G and Jose Kingsly .H (2010) Cage culture of the spiny lobster Panulirus homarus (Linnaeus) at Vihinjam , Trivandrum along the south-west coast of India,Indian Journal of Fisheries , 57 (1). pp. 23-29.
5. Anil. M.K, Saleela.K.N, Jose Kingsly.H, Udayakumar.A and Thomas.K.T (2010) Setting up and maintenance of reef aquariums. Course manual on National training programme on Marine ornamental fish keeping and breeding pp. 68-73.