Shri.K. Mohammed KoyaTel: ; Cell:
- Pelagic fisheries
- Seacage Farming of finfishes and shellfishes
- Geospatial Technology and marine fisheries
Worked as Assistant Manager (Technical) in Shrimp Hatchery with the Jay Jay Aqua technologies, Pondichery for a year during 2001 after graduation. Joined the Department of Fisheries, U.T. of Lakshadweep as Fisheries Officer in September, 2003 after post graduation till joining the ICAR as Scientist in December, 2009. Currently posted in the Regional Centre of CMFRI, Veraval and has been heading the centre for the last three years. Presently working mainly on the biology and population dynamics of pelagic fishes, research and technology transfer of seacage farming in the region, use of geospatial technology in marine fisheries management etc.
- PhD undergoing at Mangalore University, KARNATAKA
- M.F.Sc. 2003 Aquaculture (MARICULTURE), Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai
- B.F.Sc. 2000 Fisheries Science, Kerala Agricultural University, Kerala
|1||Development of Fishery Management Plans for Sustaining Marine Fisheries of Gujarat.||CMFRI|
|2||Development of strategies to sustain the stock and fishery of large pelagics in Indian waters||CMFRI|
|3||GIS based resource mapping of distribution and abundance of finfishes and shellfishes off Indian coast for suggesting operational based strategies for fisheries management||CMFRI|
|4||Innovations in Sea cage farming & Coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|5||Establishment of sea cage farms for the Sidi adivasi tribe of Saurashtra coast of Gujarat and transfer of technology of sea cage farming to the tribe as a livelihood support under the tribal sub plan (TSP)||CMFRI|
|6||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)-Component, Marine Fisheries (Harnessing beneficial effects of climate change on marine organisms)||ICAR|
1. Dash, Gyanaranjan and Dash, Swatipriyanka Sen and Koya, Mohammed and Sreenath, K R and Mojjada, Suresh Kumarand Zala, M S and Pradeep, S (2013) Fishery and stock assessment of the three-spot swimming crab Portunus sanguinolentus (Herbst, 1783) off Veraval, Gujarat. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (4). pp. 17-25.
2. Swathi Lekshmi, P S and Ramachandran, C and Narayanakumar, R and Koya, Mohammed and Sreenath, K R and Dash, Gyanaranjan and Dash, Swatipriyanka Sen and Mojjada, Suresh Kumar and Sangeetha, B and Makwana Nayan, P andRao, G Syda (2013) Post-frontline demonstration impact analysis of open sea cage culture among Sidi tribes in Gujarat. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 60 (3). pp. 35-40.
3.Gyanaranjan Dash, Swatipriyanka Sen, M. Koya, Sreenath, K.R., Suresh Kumar Mojjada and H.M., Bhint (2012) Ginger prawn fishery in Gulf of Kutch: A seasonal livelihood for the traditional fishermen. Asian Agri-History Vo.16, No.4, 2012 (393-401
4. K. P. Said Koya, K. K. Joshi, e. M. Abdussamad, Prathibha Rohit, M. Sivadas, Somy Kuriakose, Shubhadeep Ghosh, Mohammed Koya, H. K. Dhokia,D. Prakasan, V. A. Kunhi koya and Manju Sebastine (2012). Fishery, biology and stock structure of skipjack tuna, Katsuwonus pelamis (Linnaeus, 1758) exploited from Indian waters. Indian J. Fish., 59(2) : 39-47, 2012
5. E. M. Abdussamad, G. Syda Rao, K. P. Said koya, Prathibha Rohit, K. K. Joshi, M. Sivadas, Somy Kuriakose, Shubhadeep Ghosh, S. Jasmine, Anuleksmi Chellappan and Mohammed Koya (2012). Indian tuna fishery - production trend during yesteryears and scope for the future. Indian J. Fish., 59(3): 1-13, 2012
- Research Gate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mohammed_Koya?ev=hdr_xprf