Dr.K. K. JoshiTel: +91 484 2394867; Cell:
- Fish population dynamics
- Taxonomy of marine fishes
- Marine and Costal biodiversity
After taking masters in Zoology with Fishery Biology as specialisation in 1984 and PhD in Marine Ecology in 1992, I am working in CMFRI since 1992 on fishery biology, stock assessment of marine fishes, taxonomy of marine fishes, biodiversity inventorisation and biodiversity valuation. I have worked on understanding the fishery biology and population dynamics of threadfin breams, taxonomy of carangids, siverbellies, tunas, biology of elasmobranchs, taxonomy of fishes of Gulf of Mannare Ecosystem, cataloguing and Inventorisation of marine organisms in the marine repository. I have interests in marine and coastal biodiversity conservation and management .
- PhD 1992 Cochin University of Science & Technology
- MSc 1984 Christ college, Calicut University
- BSc 1982 Zoology, Calicut University
|1||Bioinventorying and Biodiversity valuation of marine organisms in selected marine ecosystems along the Indian coast||CMFRI|
|2||Assessment of fishing impacts on biodiversity loss, with special reference to threatened species, to formulate management options for their protection||CMFRI|
|3||National Initiatives on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)||ICAR|
- 1982, 1984 Gold Medal for highest marks in B.Sc. Zoology and MSc. Zoology
- ICAR/UNDP Senior Research Fellowship for Ph.D. (1985-1989) at CMFRI, Kochi
- Associate Editor, Marine Biological Association of India, Kochi
- Member of the IUCN, SSG on Snapper, Sea breams, Grunt specialist group.
1. Joshi, K. K. , Zacharia, P. U. , Kanthan, K.P . 2012.Description of a new sand lance species, Bleekeria murtii (Perciformes: Ammodytidae) from India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (2). pp. 101-107.
2. Joshi, K. K., Nair, Rekha. J., Abdussamad, E. M., Sujitha Thomas, Kakati, V. S. Jasmine, S., Molly Varghese, Miriam Paul Sreeram, Sandhya Sukumaran, Rani Mary George, Mary K. Manisseri. 2011. Carangids of India - A Monograph. Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi, 437 pp.
3. Abraham, K. J. Joshi, K. K. Murty, V .Sriramachandra.2011. Taxonomy of the fishes of the family Leiognathidae (Pisces, Teleostei) from the West coast of India. Zootaxa, 2886 . pp. 1-18.
4. Joshi, K. K. 2010. Population dynamics of Nemipterus japonicus (Bloch) in the trawling grounds off Cochin. Indian Journal of Fisheries , 57 (1). pp. 7-12.
5. Raje, S. G., Grace Mathew, Joshi, K. K., Nair, Rekha J., Mohanraj, G., Srinath, M., Gomathy, S., Rudramurthy, N. 2002. Elasmobranch fisheries of India - An appraisal. CMFRI Special Publication , 71 . pp. 1-76.
- Google Scholar - http://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=eahZQrcAAAAJ&hl=en