Dr.I. JagadisTel: +91 461 2320274; Cell:
- Molluscan breeding and seed production
- Bivalve mariculture
- Molluscan capture fisheries
After completing masters in Marine biology in 1981, joined CARI (ICAR, Port Blair) in 1984 and worked on Brackish water aquaculture, green mussel culture, studies on the coral reefs of ‘Indira Gandhi Marine National Park’, Port Blair. Joined CMFRI, Kochi in 1994 and worked in Molluscan Fisheries and Mariculture Division. Extensive work on Seed production, farming and pearl production and Technology transfer including training in pearl culture. I have been successful in life cycle closing of few marine bivalves, gastropod and grouper species. Currently working in clam mariculture/fisheries of ornamental gastropod and shell craft industry and on mass seed production of ornamental gastropods.
- PhD 2005 CAS in Marine Biology, Annamalai University
- MSc 1981 CAS in Marine Biology, Annamalai University
- BSc 1979 Zoology, Madras University
|1||Development of Fishery Management Plans for sustaining marine Fisheries of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.||CMFRI|
|2||Development of Fishery Management Plans (FMPs) for the bivalve fisheries of India||CMFRI|
|3||Evaluation of ornamental gastropod fisheries and assessment of shell craft industry||CMFRI|
|4||Sustainable molluscan mariculture practices||CMFRI|
|5||Mapping and resource assessment of pearl oyster banks of Tuticorin (Central Division) of Gulf of Mannar.||M o EF|
- Question paper setter/evaluator MFSc/PhD - for TNFU, Nagapattinam, Annamalai University
- Reviewer for JMBA, IJF, Aquaculture Research, Journal of Fish Biology
- Member TN State Fisheries Committee for procurement of SCUBA equipments
1. Jagadis, I and Shanmugasundaram, K and Sathakathullah, S M and Mohanraj, T (2013) Spawning, intracapsular development and production potential of viable juveniles of a murex Chicoreus virgineus var. ponderosa Sowerby under laboratory conditions. Agricultural Sciences, 4 (5). pp. 244-248.
2. Jagadis, I and Shanmugasundaram, K and Padmanathan, J (2012) Observations on broodstock maintenance, breeding and early larval development of the common spider conch Lambis lambis (Linnaeus, 1758) in captivity. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (2). pp. 165-169.
3. Jagadis, I (2011) Spawning, larval development and spat settlement in the Venus clam Gafrarium tumidum (Roding, 1798) from south-east coast of India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 58 (2). pp. 1-5.
4. Jagadis, I and Rao, G Syda and Joshi, K K and Kanthan, K P (2010) Fishery and population dynamics of the sacred chank Turbinella pyrum (=Xancus pyrum Linnaeus, 1758) off Kayalpattinam in the Gulf of Mannar. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 57 (3). pp. 1-5.
5. Jagadis, I and Ignatius, Boby and Kandasamy, D and Khan, M Ajmal (2006) Embryonic and larval development of honeycomb grouper Epinephelus merra Bloch. Aquaculture Research, 37 . pp. 1140-1145.
- ResearchGate - https://www.researchgate.net/profile/I. Jagadis/publications