Dr.Gulshad MohammedTel: 0495-2537788; Cell:
- Finfish Mariculture
- Seaweed farming
Took masters in Botany in 1985 and PhD in Maine Science in 2000. Joined Indian Grassland and Fodder Research Institute (IGFRI) in 1994 and worked in Agrosilvipature Division. Joined CMFRI in 1996 and worked in Environment Division in Seaweed farming. Joined Mariculture Division in 2004 and continuing work in this field. I had worked in seaweed farming, sea cage farming of lobsters and finfishes at Gujarat. At present working in low cost cage farming of finfishes in cages in less saline waters. I have interest in low cost cage farming of finfishes.
- PhD (Marine Science) 2000, Cochin University of Science & Technology, Cochin, Kerala
- MSc (Botany) 1985, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- BSc (Botany) 1983, Kerala University, Kerala
|1||Development and standardisation of seed production technologies of selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|2||Innovations in sea cage farming & coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
- 2001 Won Best Young Scientist Award (Hiralal Chowdhary Award) for developing low-cost seaweed farming technology of economically important species by adopting cost effective ecofriendly method.
- 1985 Gold medalist in Master of Science – Botany, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
1. Sarangi, R K and Mohamed, Gulshad (2011) Seasonal algal bloom and water quality around the coastal Kerala during southwest monsoon using in situ and satellite data. Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Sciences, 40 (3). pp. 356-369.
2. Mohamed, Gulshad and Rao, G Syda and Ghosh, Shubhadeep (2010) Aquaculture of spiny lobsters in sea cages in Gujarat, India. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 52 (2). pp. 316-319.
3. Mohamed, Gulshad and Rao, G Syda and Ghosh, Shubhadeep (2010) Culture of spiny lobsters in small cages along Saurashtra coast, Gujarat. In: Coastal Fishery Resources of India - Conservation and sustainable utilisation. UNSPECIFIED,(ed.) Society of Fisheries Technologists, pp. 115-119
4. Mohamed, Gulshad (2005) Farming of Hypnea valentiae (Turner) Montagne at Minicoy Lagoon (Lakshadweep). Seaweed Research and Utilisation, 27 (1 & 2). pp. 93-98.
5. Mohamed, Gulshad (2000) High yield of Acanthophora spicifera from culture at Minicoy lagoon, Lakshadweep. Marine Fisheries Information Service, Technical and Extension Series,163 .pp.3-4.