Shri.C.KalidasTel: +91 4573 241175; Cell:
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marine Finfish breeding and larviculture (live feed and enrichment)
- Finfish mariculture (nursery -pond grow-out and sea-cage farming)
- Marine ornamental fish culture
After taking graduation in Fisheries Science (2003) and Post-graduation in Mariculture (2006), I am working in CMFRI since 2008 on finfish mariculture. I am currently working as scientist in the division of mariculture at Mandapam Regional Centre of CMFRI. I have been working on Marine finfish breeding and seed production particularly cobia, silver pompano, red snapper and marine ornamental fishes. For the first time in the country, two species of high value marine finfish viz., Cobia and Silver Pompano have been successfully bred under captive conditions. Live-feed culture, larviculture and sea-cage farming of high quality marine finfish are the major research areas.
- PhD (pursuing) Central Institute of Fisheries Education (ICAR-Deemed University) , Mumbai
- MFSc 2006 Mariculture, Central Institute of Fisheries Education (Deemed University) , Mumbai
- BFSc 2003 Fisheries Science, TANUVAS, Chennai
|1||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|2||Innovations in sea cage farming and coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|3||Derivation and characterization of embryonic (ES) and induced pluripotent (iPS) stem cell from selected marine fish species aimed at mariculture/conservation||CMFRI|
|4||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA) – Marine Fisheries||ICAR|
- 2010 – Letter of appreciation by The Director General, ICAR for achieving the successful breeding and spawning of cobia and pompano for the first time in the country
- 2007 – Merit Certificate by CIFE, Mumbai for the best academic performance in ARS.
1. Sakthivel, M., A. K . Abdul Nazar, G. Tamilmani, C. Kalidas, N. Ramamoorthy, V. Ashok Maharshi, K. Srinivasa Rao and G. Gopakumar (2012). Embryonic development of cobia, Rachycentron canadum (Linnaeus,1766) in controlled conditions. Journal of Marine Biological Association India, 54 (2) 5-8.
2. Rameshkumar, P., C. Kalidas, G. Tamilmani, M. Sakthivel, A.K.A. Nazar, V.A. Maharshi, S.K.S. Rao and G. Gopakumar. (2014). Microbiological and histopathological investigations of Vibrio alginolyticus infection in cobia, Rachycentron canadum (Linnaeus, 1766) cultured in sea cage. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 61(1): 124-127.
3. Nazar, A. K. A., Jayakumar, R., Tamilmani, G., Sakthivel, M., Kalidas, C., Ramesh Kumar, P., Anbarasu, M., Sirajudeen, S., Balamurugan, V., Jayasingh, M. and Gopakumar, G. (2012). Larviculture and seed production of the silver pompano, Trachinotus blochii (Lacepede, 1801) for the first time in India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3) 83-87.
4. Kalidas, C., Sakthivel, M., Tamilmani, G., Ramesh Kumar, P., Nazar, A. K. A., Jayakumar, R., Balamurugan, V., Ramkumar, B., Jothi, Prem, R. and Gopakumar, G. (2012). Survival and growth of juvenile silver pompano Trachinotus blochii (Lacepède, 1801) at different salinities in tropical conditions. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3) 95-98.
5. Gopakumar, G., A.K. Abdul Nazar., G. Tamilmani, M. Sakthivel, C. Kalidas, N. Ramamoorthy, S. Palanichamy, V. Ashok Maharshi, K. SrinivasaRao and G. SydaRao. 2011. Broodstock development and controlled breeding of cobia Rachycentroncanadum (Linnaeus 1766) from Indian seas. Indian Journal of Fisheries., 58 (4): 27-32.