Dr.Amir Kumar SamalTel: +91 4573-241150; Cell:
- Host pathogen interaction and biochemistry of disease
- Reproductive Biochemistry of non-human vertebrates (including aquatic vertebrates)
- Lipidomics of zooplanktons and live-feed for aquatic animals
In 2005, I passed out from College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, OUAT, Bhubaneswar with a degree in Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry. Subsequently, I worked as a Veterinary Assistant Surgeon in Govt. of Odisha from 2005-2012. Meanwhile, I obtained my degree in Master of Veterinary Science in Animal Biochemistry in 2011 from the Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bareilly, where I worked on the immunological effects of excretory/secretory proteins of Haemonchus contortus on the host peripheral blood mononuclear cells and its compliment pathways. I joined ICAR as a scientist in Animal Biochemistry. I am currently working in the Mariculture Division at Mandapam Regional Centre of CMFRI on the biochemical interaction of host and pathogens, biochemical bases of diseases of aquatic animals, reproductive biochemistry of marine finfish and nutritional biochemistry of live-feeds for finfish.
- MVSc 2009- 2011 Animal Biochemistry, Indian Veterinary Research Institute.
- BVSc and AH 1999-2005, College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, OUAT, Bhubaneswar.
|1||Innovations in sea cage farming and costal mariculture||CMFRI|
|2||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|3||Remote sensing assisted biodynamic forecasting paradigm of Indian marine fisheries resources||CMFRI|
- ICAR JRF-2009
- CSIR JRF with NET-2011
- ICAR-ARS with NET-2012
- Life member, Society of Biological Chemists, India
- Life member, Association of Aquaculturists
1.Samal A.K., Abdul Nazar A. K., Jayakumar R, Tamilmani G., Sakthivel M., Rajendran P. and Gopakumar G. Musculoskeletal Abnormalities in Hatchery Reared Silver Pompano, Trachinotus blochii (Lacépède, 1801). Indian Journal of Fisheries. (Accepted for publication)
2.Samal A.K., Patra P. B. and Moharana B. R. (2011) Simultaneous infestation of a buffalo calf with Ascaris and Strongyloides: A case study. Veterinary World, 4(7): 322-323, DOI:10.5455/vetworld.4.322