Dr.A.K. Abdul NazarTel: 04573-241016 ; Cell:
- Finfish broodstock development
- Finfish seed production
- Aquafarming technologies
Completed my post graduation in Zoology in 1989 and PhD in Live feed culture in 1995. Worked in private sector and as entrepreneur in shrimp and integrated aqua farming during 1994 – 1998. Served in National Institute of Ocean Technology, Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Government of India, as Scientist during the year 1998 – 2009. Joined in the CMFRI as Senior Scientist (Aquaculture) in the year 2009. Currently involved in broodstock development, breeding, seed production and farming of high value marine finfishes viz., cobia, silver pompano, snappers and ornamental fishes.
- PhD 1995, University of Madras
- MSc 1989, University of Madras
- BSc 1986, University of Madras
|1||Development and standardization of seed production technologies for selected high value finfishes and shellfishes||CMFRI|
|2||Innovations in cage farming and coastal mariculture||CMFRI|
|3||National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA)||ICAR|
|4||Seed production in Agricultural Crops and Fisheries||ICAR|
1. Gopakumar, G., Nazar, A K A., Jayakumar, R., Tamilmani, G., Kalidas, C., Sakthivel, M., Ramesh Kumar, P., Hanumanta, R.G., Premjoti, R., Balamurugan, V., Ramkumar, B., Jayasingh, M and Rao, G S (2012). Broodstock development through regulation of photoperiod and controlled breeding of silver pompano, Trachinotus blochii (Lacepede, 1801) in India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (1). pp. 53-57.
2. Nazar, A K A ., Jayakumar, R., Tamilmani, G., Sakthivel, M., Kalidas, C., Ramesh Kumar, P., Anbarasu, M., Sirajudeen, S., Balamurugan, V., Jayasingh, M and Gopakumar, G (2012). Larviculture and seed production of the silver pompano, Trachinotus blochii (Lacepede, 1801) for the first time in India. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3). pp. 83-87.
3. Kalidas, C., Sakthivel, M., Tamilmani, G., Ramesh Kumar, P., Nazar, A K A., Jayakumar, R., Balamurugan, Ramkumar, Jothi, P and Gopakumar, G (2012). Survival and growth of juvenile silver pompano Trachinotus blochii (Lacepède, 1801) at different salinities in tropical conditions. Indian Journal of Fisheries, 59 (3). pp. 95-98.
4. Dharani, G., Abdul Nazar, A. K., Venkatesan, R and Ravindran, M (2003). Marine debris in Great Nicobar. Current Science, 85 (5), 574 – 575.
5. Dharani, G., Nazar, A.K.A., Kanagu, L., Venkateshwaran, P., Kumar, T.S., Krupa Ratnam, Venkatesan, R. and Ravindaran, M (2004). On the recurrence of Noctiluca scintillans bloom in Minnie Bay - Port Blair: Impacts on water quality and bioactivity of extracts. Current Science, 87, N (7) 990 -994.