Every ICAR Institute shall have a Management Committee for the following functions and activities of the Institute:-
1. Consideration of proposals for Five Year Plan and Annual Plan.
2. Periodical review of progress of development schemes.
3. Consideration of proposal for the annual budget.
4. Consideration of items of expenditure which are beyond the powers of the Director of the Institute.
5. Policy issues relating to the Institute including the rights and obligations of staff.
6. Consideration of action taken on the recommendations of the Grievance Cell and Institute Joint Council.
7. Any other items, as may be desired by the Director or other members of the Committee or as may be required to be considered as per delegation of powers as directions of the Governing Body whether contained in any manual, orders issued, resolution passed or other instructions approved by the Governing Body, and.
8. Such powers as may be delegated by the Governing Body to enable the Management Committee to administer the funds allocated and the programmes approved.
Present Management Committee of CMFRI
|Sl. No.||Provision under ICAR Rules||Name & Designation||Position||Tenure|
|1||The Director, CMFRI||Chairman|
|2||66 (a) (7)||Assistant Director General (M.Fy), |
I.C.A.R., New Delhi.
|3||66 (a) (2)||Smt. K.M. Lethy, |
Joint Director of Fisheries,
Department of Fisheries, Government of Kerala,
Vikas Bhavan, 4th Floor, Thiruvananthapuram – 696 003.
|4||66 (a) (3)||Director of Fisheries, |
Govt. of Karnataka,
Office of the Director of Fisheries,
3rd Floor, Podium Block, Vishwesharaiah Tower,
Dr. Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore – 560 001.
|Member||29.08.2014 to 28.08.2017|
|5||66 (a) (4)||Dr. S. Shyama, M.F.Sc., Ph. D, |
Associate Professor (Aquaculture),
Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies (KUFOS), Panangad, Kochi – 628 506.
|6||66 (a) (8)||Shri A.V. Joseph, |
Chief Finance & Accounts Officer,CMFRI, Kochi.
|7||66 (a) (5)||Non-official Member||To be nominated by ICAR|
|8||66 (a) (5)||Non-official Member|
|9||66 (a) (6)||Dr. (Smt.) V. Kripa, |
Principal Scientist & Head, FEMD,
|10||66 (a) (6)||Dr. K.K. Philipose, |
Principal Scientist & SIC, Karwar Research Centre of CMFRI,
Karwar P.O., Uttara Kannada, Karnataka – 581 301.
|11||66 (a) (6)||Dr. (Smt.) Saly N. Thomas, |
Central Institute of Fisheries Technology, Willingdon Island, Matsyapuri P.O., Cochin – 682 029.
|12||66 (a) (6)||Dr. C. Gopal |
Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture,
75, Santhome High Road, Raja Annamalai Puram, Chennai – 600 028
|13||Chief Administrative Officer, CMFRI, Kochi||Member Secretary|